United Natural Foods is a Rhode Island, US based company in the food industry. Providing the customers with proper quality, quantity, and variety of groceries and food item is the goal of this comany. Already expanding to several states, the mission of this company is to grow nad provide the same, if not, better quality service to the customers. This company provides other related services such as marketing, order delivery, e-commerce, merchandising, mobile ordering and many more. This company provides five categories of employment. Corporate, Supply chain and warehouse management, Driver, Retail and Pharmacy. Students and part-time job seekers are also welcomed to apply for several of these posts.
Makes sure trailers of products arrive at destination on time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:??
- Delivers to customers on assigned routes in a manner that meets delivery time expectations and customer needs.
- Operates a commercial tractor trailer to make deliveries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides customer service during the delivery transaction.
- Ensures that the customer is satisfied with their product and the service.
- Operates the commercial vehicle on the roadways in a safe and consistent manner.
- Complies with all known laws that apply to commercial vehicle operation.
- Moves, stacks and palletizes the product for the purpose of delivery to customers.
- Operates electric pallet jacks, hand pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Transfers loaded trailers from one yard to another and returns the empty trailers from the previous day.
- Ensures that the trailer is loaded and ready for the route to be started on time.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance:?We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles? Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by Federal Motor Carrier Administration
- Valid Class A commercial drivers? license required.?
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and mandates.
- Pallet jack experience preferred
- Knowledge of the on board computer system for truck tracking and handheld delivery device for proof of delivery?
- Minimum of two years commercial driving experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Only one moving violation is permissible on 3 year DMV record?
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good math skills
- Good time management skills
- Good computer skills
Associated topics: company driver solo, company driver team, company driving, company driving team, company owner, over the road driving, regional driver, regional driving, regional driving route, time at home