Appcast, headquartered in Lebanon, NH, is a programmatic platform offering job advertising solutions to employers, recruitment & staffing firms, job sites, and agencies. They are present in the United States, Canada, UK and Belarus. The mission-driven team of 100+ members is composed of industry veterans, technologists, and data scientists, who are like a big family, inviting visionaries, trail-blazers and innovators to join. If you prefer working in a casual environment, in jeans and sneakers, where your ideas are welcome and get done, and where your performance is recognized, you will enjoy being part of the supportive and intellectually diverse team at Appcast.
Do you have experience with cellular communications engineering?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Cellular Communications Engineer, you will...
Develop a variety of cellular capabilities to provide the U.S. Government (USG) a technological edge in the cyber domain. Support the development, exploitation, and security of cellular communications networks to the advantage of the USG.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- BS or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- 5 years of related professional experience beyond BS degree in cellular communication systems including experience in the air interface operation, signaling, and core network functions.
- Experience developing cellular systems to include navigating specifications documentation (3GPP) and hands-on experimentation and validation. Knowledge of 2G, 3G, and 4G cellular technologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Ability to travel as needed to support sponsor meetings and field test activities.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- MS/PhD or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- 10 years experience in cellular communication systems including experimentation and prototype development.
- Experience in communications system design, experimentation and validation, or systems engineering applied to DoD and IC sponsor missions.
- Experience with commercial cellular infrastructure.
- Experience with open-source core networking such as OpenEPC.
- Experience in Network Function Virtualization.
- Knowledge of the higher layers of the OSI network stack, non-cellular wireless communication standards, open-source vulnerabilities and exploitation tools, and network security tools.
- Experience with software defined radios and software defined networks.
- Demonstrated ability and/or interest in leading projects within the scope of the required qualifications.
- Active DoD or IC TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes aculture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits andhealthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washingtonmetro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at .
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.