Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It''s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN) to join our healthcare team at Maryland Transition Center located in Baltimore, MD. The qualified candidate must be a Certified Addictions RN in order to be considered for this position.
- Deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses.
- In accordance with local practice acts and regulations, delegate and ensure supervision of nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel appropriate to their scope of practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of care delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the patient and other staff members.
- Acts as a patient advocate that promotes the quality of health care delivered in the facility and serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the profession of nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited School of NursingGraduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN), Location: Windsor Mill, MD - 21244