AMITA Health is a faith-based healthcare network in Illinois, with 19 hospitals, 23 immediate care centers, 80 clinics and outpatient facilities and 25,000+ associates. The name AMITA is inspired by words from several languages and embodies the core values: friendship in Italian, honesty and truth in Hebrew, and spiritual light and boundlessness in Hindi. If you are passionate about bringing care to people, and would like to make a positive impact on your communities, you will feel at home with AMITA Health. Professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training, and competitive wages add up to the employment package of AMITA Health, focusing on paid time off, medical plan, disability plan, life insurance, flexible spending, employee assistance, wellness program and retirement plan.
We Are Hiring
Medical Asst-Cert - Cardiology Hoffman Estates - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health DOB3 - Hoffman Estates,IL
General Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30-5 with some earlier starts and some closing shifts that will vary. One to two closings per week that would end around 5:30-6 p.m.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
* Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
* Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
* Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
* May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcare Association (NHA) or American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) also accepted.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Preferred Skills - previous Cardiology Experience, EKG, Next Gen, med refills, prescription refills
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.