Presbyterian Medical Services was founded in 1901. They deliver health-related services and are on a mission to design and deliver quality accessible integrated health, education, and human services in response to identified community needs of people. They improve the health and lives of people. They are a non-profit organization that depends upon generous and compassionate people who support their work. They deliver different services like dental, primary care, childhood education, senior services, supported housing, and much more. The people who work there are committed and generous and they need more talented people to join them. They give various employee benefits like health and dental insurance and other financial benefits.
This position functions as a member of the patient care team performing medical assisting duties. The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) approaches his/her tasks in a team-based fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. With the primary care team, ensures continuity and coordination of care in a primary care medical home.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program; OR successful completion of the internal PMS Medical Assistant II training and assessment program.
* Thorough knowledge of nursing aide duties preferred.
* Must be deemed competent in phlebotomy at time of hire.
* Ability to speak Spanish or Navajo desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment a national certification/registration which enables participation in Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). These may include one of the following certifications/registrations:
* Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA);
* Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists (AMT);
* Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA); or
* National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
* Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certification within 30 days of hire date. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document "BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources" posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
* According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, "Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements," this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee's PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
* If assigned to the Checkerboard Area Health System, this position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment Criminal Records Check.
* Must pass skills competency assessments within 90 days of hire and as required throughout employment.