Adventist HealthCare is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. The team of dedicated professionals work together to improve the health and well-being of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. They strive to convey this mission by living the organization’s core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship. If you are ready to move your career forward with Adventist HealthCare, you will find open positions in the fields of allied health, home health, mental health, nursing, and professional and supportive services. When joining the team, you will enjoy benefits, continuing education opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located in a town filled with charm and rich in character, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is an acute care hospital and 21 clinics serving communities from the Mendocino coast to Lake County. In addition to standard acute services, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley has a level IV trauma center, maternity and level II intensive care nursery services, an extensive physical rehabilitation program, outpatient surgery and diagnostic center and an advanced wound care center. Its network of clinics include primary care and specialty care, from internal medicine, gastroenterology and urology to otolaryngology.
Ukiah is situated just two hours north of San Francisco and 45 minutes from the Pacific Coast, Ukiah is also filled with terrific scenery, outdoor activities, and a beautifully restored historic downtown, where freedom of expression is a tradition and a way of life.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Medical Assistant Scribe (Outpatient) who:
Assists physicians in hospital and clinic setting to efficiently compile complete and detailed electronic medical records/patient charts. Documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by physician including, but not limited to, patient medical history and physical exam, procedures/treatments performed by healthcare professionals, including nurses and physician assistants, patient education and explanations of risks and benefits, physician-dictated diagnoses, and prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self care/follow-up.
* Prepares referral letters as directed by the physician, via dictation or summary, of the medical record. Ensures letters are mailed or faxed on a daily basis to all physicians involved in patient's care, and with all copies of pertinent reports or tests attached.
* Researches contact information for referring physicians, coordinates referrals, prepares operative reports, makes phone calls and performs other clerical tasks as assigned.
* Spots mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and checks to correct information. Ensures all clinical data, lab or other test results, and the interpretation of the results by the physician are recorded accurately in the medical record. Alerts physician when chart is incomplete.
* Complies with specific standards and legal/ethical requirements for preparing medical documents and for keeping patient information confidential.
* Collects, organizes and catalogs data for Physician Quality Reporting System and other quality improvement efforts. Formats for submission. Assists in developing and maintaining systems to track patient follow-up and compliance.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
* Medical Assistant (CMA) certification: Required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
* Successful completion of audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP within six months of hire.: Preferred
* Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred