Ridgewood is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant (certified with the state) to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established nursing care procedures, state and federal guidelines, and as directed by your supervisor on our 2nd or 3rd shift.
Some of the essential duties include:
1. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
2. Assist residents with dressing and ensure that residents are dressed in clean clothing appropriate for season and in good repair.
3. Assist residents with toileting and/or incontinent care to keep them clean, dry and odor free.
4. Position residents maintaining good body alignment.
5. Keep residents dry, changing clothes and gowns when wet or soiled.
6. Make beds and change bed linens weekly with bath or when soiled.
7. Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
8. Maintain records and flow sheets accurately and timely.
9. Serve between meal and bedtime snacks or nourishments.
10. Attend all mandatory in-services and maintain 12 hours of training each year.
11. Keep nurse call system within easy reach and answer call lights within 10 minutes.
12. Keep wheelchairs, tables, chairs, commodes and other resident equipment clean.
13. Document care and resident's response to care in the Electronic Medical Record as directed.
14. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive regard as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
15. Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with Ridgewood policy and procedure and instruction of your supervisor.
Valid nurse aide certification in the State of Wisconsin.
No resident abuse convictions.
Prompt and regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to read, write, and spell and to understand and follow both written and oral directions.
Ability to communicate and work well with residents and staff members.
Ability to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Ability to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Ability to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, mentally ill, emotionally upset and at times hostile and violent residents within the facility.
Ability to remain current in practice as applicable to job.
Frequent (34 66% of workday) exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Frequent (34 66% of workday) bending.
Constant (67 100% of workday) using bilateral upper extremities.
Ability to exert up to 40 lbs. of force in overhead lifting.
Constant (67-100% of workday) walking and/or standing.
Works in well lighted and ventilated areas throughout the facility, i.e. residents rooms, nurses stations, med rooms, tub rooms, dining rooms, lounges and corridors and hallways.
Subject to frequent interruptions.
Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel and residents.
Subject to hostile, emotionally upset residents as well as verbally and physically abusive residents on an occasional basis.
Subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease and conditions as well as unpleasant odors and sights. Provided with necessary protective equipment and devices and services to ensure safety including but not limited to gowns, gloves, goggles, shoe covers, handwashing facilities, masks, Hepatitis B vaccine.
Company - Private
3205 Wood Rd.Racine, WI, 53406
|Job category||Distribution||Job quantity||6 months||1 year|
|Non-Profit & Volunteering||13.8%||4||33%||67%|