Vituity is seeking an experienced and talented physician leader to serve as Chair of the Department of Psychiatry for a large teaching hospital in Southern California. The site includes a Psychiatry Residency and affiliation with a medical school, in a safety-net focused general hospital and trauma center which includes Inpatient, Consultation/Liaison, and Emergency Psychiatry programs. The hospital location is accessible to beaches, mountains and all the recreational and lifestyle opportunities Southern California is known for.
The Chair will lead the development of a highly functional Department through collaboration with other departmental leaders as well as hospital senior leadership, assuring high quality, cutting edge and high value services, establishment of clinical standards and benchmarks, and engagement of faculty, residents and other providers, and clinical and support staff. She/he will ensure that practices and management are aligned to enhance the patient experience, patient outcomes and colleague engagement. The Department will be known for operating with high quality, efficiency, patient centeredness and service as guiding principles to follow, and as a highly-regarded model for residents and students. Listed below are the points of emphasis:
Faculty and Staff
- Establishes and leads execution of a strategic plan for the provision of services across the organization, fostering a spirit of innovation in care delivery, maximizing the use of technology where possible to improve quality and enhance efficiency
- Expectation of clinical involvement and regular patient care duties, to be a valued part of the clinical provider team, to fully understand and be involved firsthand in the site''s operations, and to recognize the changing health care environment
- Strategically builds and optimizes clinical programs across the hospital system by expanding effective and accessible clinical services that exceed national benchmarks for measured outcomes, thereby optimizing care for patients
- Work with the leadership of the medical school to expand clinical programs and promote collaborations with community partners
- Direct providers, faculty, residents and other clinicians, to optimize the care of patients, support research endeavors, and provide effective and meaningful educational programs across each division within the Department
- Strategically recruits and retains faculty in adherence with Medical Staff Bylaws and medical school faculty appointment policies, and reviews credentials, carries out the appointment, reappointment and privileging activities to ensure the highest quality and most comprehensive Department as possible
- Supports, motivates and manages performance, and encourages professional growth and development of faculty, residents, fellows, students, and staff
- Establishes expectations for patient-focused service delivery on the part of all members of the Department, faculty, staff and residents alike
- Responsible for the quality assurance program and all quality improvement efforts in the Department, and ensuring compliance with surveying agencies
- Oversees the implementation of a contemporary quality management program, including peer review and structured quality improvement activities to promote the delivery of cost effective, high quality, efficient services which meet or exceed national benchmarks
- Leads, facilitates and provides outstanding education programs in the Department, working effectively with the residency directors and the Vice Chair, and serves as a role model for students, residents and fellows
- Enhances the scientific activity of the Department by reinforcing the importance of the Department''s academic mission, fostering a culture of inquiry and the growth of excellence in research
- Supports collaborations inside and outside the Department among faculty, residents and fellows, along with peers in other areas of the organization
- Works closely with the leadership of the Residency Training Program and the School of Medicine to assure the highest quality of education and role modeling for medical students, residents, fellows and learners in other professions
- Promotes the career development and strengthening of teaching skills of the faculty
- Has responsibility for the development and maintenance of the capital and operating budgets of the Department
- Works collaboratively with the clinical, administrative and finance leaders of the Psychiatry Department to establish appropriate budgets for staffing and delivering all components of the clinical, research and education programs within the Department
- Ensures that budgetary performance is sufficient to meet the ongoing capital needs of the Department
:Recruit and provide professional development to fill the Department with outstanding psychiatrists, advanced practice providers, and other appropriate professionals, and retain their continued services and involvement
Support and enhance inpatient and consultation/liaison and emergency psychiatry operations
Participate and provide supportive executive leadership for expansion of psychiatry services
Continue the growth and development of integration of behavioral health into other hospital departments
Support the training programs
Join the Vituity Team.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership or administrative experience in a healthcare delivery system
- Superior clinical skills in psychiatry and behavioral health, with recognition by peers as a leader and innovator in Psychiatry
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and nonclinical audiences
- Experience in mentoring and developing others, including students, trainees and faculty
- Experience in building cross-disciplinary professional relationships
- MD or DO and board certification in Psychiatry and current licensure or eligibility for licensure in California
We are one of the largest physician-owned and managed practice groups in the United States with leadership comprised of practicing clinicians just like you. As an owner from day one, you become an equal and valued partner, with the potential to make contributions that impact real change. With our comprehensive systems of support you can focus your attention where you want it to be-on patient care and outcomes. You''ll have access to our national network of physician partners who thrive on collaboration and take a vested interest in your success. We believe that a group unified by the joy of improving health succeeds on all levels.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities in over 250 practices across the country. As a Vituity partner, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
Our passion for patient care unifies us across practice sites and specialties. We know that when we work together as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you''re looking for a partnership where you can transform your practice with a team of providers who strive to balance great work with a full life-contact us today. Come grow with us!
For More Information
For more information, contact Lily Santiago at [Click Here to Apply] or [Click Here to Apply] Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs