Tennessee-based TeamHealth is one of the largest integrated care providers in the country offering staffing, administrative support and management across the full continuum of care, from hospital-based practices to post-acute care and ambulatory centers. High volume, low acuity, urban, or rural - you can choose from diverse clinical settings around the country to match your interests. TeamHealth is a physician-founded and physician-led company. Joining the team as a physician, you will get full-time administrative support, clinical support, risk management resources, education, leadership training, advancement opportunities, flexible scheduling options, and relief from the worries of running a private practice. Non-clinical, locum tenens and federal facility jobs are also available.
Join a team of dynamic, results oriented professionals!
Named among “The World’s Most Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine
Named among "America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" by Forbes magazine
Named among “Great Places to Work" by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Convenience market on site
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Dental plans & Vision plans
- GENEROUS Personal time off
- Eight Paid Holidays per year
- Quarterly incentive plans
- Business casual dress code
- Free Parking
- Free coffee daily
- Employee of the month awards with monetary gift and parking space
- Training Programs
- Fitness Center with personal trainer on site
- Awesome Facility with terrific amenities
- Wellness programs
- Flexible work schedule
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Chart Swap Department is responsible for processing attorney requests (LOA's) for billing records, affidavits, subpoena, balance verification and balance reductions. This department will contact the attorney or legal assistant if additional information is required. Employees must consistently follow all TeamHealth policies and procedures including applicable HIPAA and Compliance Policies.
- Review correspondence from attorney’s on a daily basis.
- Verify that all data elements required to fulfill the Attorney’s request are present in the notification including
- Letter of Authorization,
- Patient’s name, DOB, SSN
- The facility name or entity name where services were rendered.
- Access patient account in the IDX GE system to search for invoice(s) for the date(s) of service.
- Process the Affidavit or Subpoena according to Policy and Procedure.
- If the attorney is not requesting the document to be signed and notarized, fulfill the request by demanding a statement and forward to the attorney.
- If a signature and notary is required, forward the Affidavit/Subpoena along with the patient statement to the billing record custodian for signature to be notarized. Upon return of the signed, notarized document and returned, scan the document to the Chart Swap Folder on the shared drive and upload into Chart Swap.
- Review the following reports daily and process each as needed
- Confirmed Shipment
- Pending Issues
- Balance verification
- Balance Reduction
- Process Cease and Desist Request
- Review the letter for the specific date of service addressed in the letter.
- Transfer invoice(s) to the Cease and Desist FSC 7952 and add the name of the firm, address, phone number.
- Notify the Client Services Manager of Cease and Desist letter received via email.
- Regular and reliable attendance is necessary.
- Adhere to HCFS and TeamHealth policies.
- Complete tasks accurately and maintain quality standards.
- Report issues identified to the Client Services Manager such as processing problems, incorrect patient
- Experience with computerized Medical Billing.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and maintain flexibility maintaining the goals at hand.
- Excellent attitude and the ability to work well with many different individuals, both internal and external to the Billing Center.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Chart Swap Experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in working with systems (GE Centricity experience is desirable)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Prior experience working with Law firms is a plus
- General office environment. Extensive time spent on the computer and telephone. Long periods of time sitting at a desk.
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.