Chemeketa Community College is seeking applicants for a Chemeketa Accelerated Pathways to Success (CAPS) System Analyst Position to support college initiatives:
This position will provide technical support for processes and systems utilized by student services functional areas including activities related to the CAPS Grant programs, student recruitment, enrollment services, graduation services and advising. This role will include determining needs within the functional areas, reviewing system upgrades, modifications, enhancements, and the impact on processes; designing project implementation plans and developing reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Consults with users or other IT professionals to resolve issues;
* Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions with college systems;
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with college staff at all levels using written and verbal communications;
* Conducts small group and one-on-one meetings with departments to analyze data needs, establishes timelines for these needs, and identifies resources available for addressing these needs within the departments
* Evaluates existing systems for improvements; tests, evaluates, and recommends implementation of new products and services.
* Researches and evaluates the use of Banner and other software technology to serve customers and enhance services;
* Implements new software and trains users in the operation of new systems; provides technical assistance with operational problems and existing systems
* Develops and prepares system documentation and user training material; establishes procedures and processes.
* Coordinates with network administrators, system analysts, and other technical staff in the Information Technology department in resolving problems with Banner and other college systems and serves as functional liaison to third party vendors for pertinent applications
Project Planning and Execution:
* Serves as department technical lead on teams for complex projects related to software implementation and maintenance
* Ensures technical solutions meet college policy and satisfy college business needs
* Delivers critical software solutions on time and on or under budget;
* Coordinates and designs the testing and implementation of complex software, projects and processes; monitors progress.
* Provides analysis, design and basic programming during all stages of the software development life cycle which may include requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and debugging ;
* May develop interactive data driven applications from documented user requirements;
* Investigates emerging technologies or applications and identifies opportunities to integrate them in to operations and activities
Data Analysis & Reporting
* Develops interfaces for authenticated client data entry and editing;
* Writes code in a variety of different programming languages which include, and are not limited to PL/SQL, SQL, Java;
* Writes complex SQL queries utilizing relational database concepts and business goal driven design requirements
* Develops and generates ad hoc reports for management, external compliance, and system users as necessary
* Performs data analysis and trend identification
Legal Requirements & Compliance Review
* Review systems to ensure compliance with legal requirements such as FERPA compliance.
* Monitors and reviews federal, state and other regulatory changes (including college policies) and analyzes and recommends changes to current systems and processes to maintain compliance
* Embraces diversity and actively collaborates effectively with a variety of students, staff and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic and educational backgrounds
* Participates in recruitment and retention of students at an individual and institutional level in promotion of student success
* Embraces, understands and uses appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions
* Provides high quality, effective service to internal and external customers through continuous improvement and adoption of lean office practices
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or a related field
Two years of relevant full time work experience
Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or a related field
Four years of relevant full time work experience
* Work in a self-directed and self-motivated manner as well as to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
* Clearly communicate information verbally and in writing to non-technical staff
* Analyze and solve complex problems
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies
* Manage projects including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate into application and operational requirements
* Ability to pay keen attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
* Experience working within Higher Education
* Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system of higher education (such as Ellucian's Banner, Datatel, PeopleSoft, etc.) as a functional end user
* Experience providing technical assistance to functional users
* Experience with business intelligence, data analytic or data reporting tools such as: Argos, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc.
* Experience in facilitating development, implementation and maintenance of systems and/or databases
* Familiarity with privacy practices and laws (e.g. FERPA, HIPAA, Red Flag, etc.)
* Experience with Degree Works
When applying for this position you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
* Cover Letter
* Unofficial Transcripts- An electronic copy of your academic transcripts demonstrating completion of an approved technical/vocational/apprenticeship program if used to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Required documents must be provided at the time of application. Please remove your social security number from your documents, including transcripts. Documents containing social security numbers will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Chemeketa makes employment decisions based solely on the candidate's demonstrated competencies as related to successful performance in the position.
Successful applicants for designated positions must successfully pass a background inquiry, which may include criminal, driving, credit and full background checks. Only information relevant to the position will be considered. An individual with negative information on their background inquiry will not necessarily be denied employment. Providing false information will result in rejection of an application, employment offer or dismissal
Terms of Employment:
* This is a 100%, 12-month classified assignment of the C2 band and grade.
* Requires flexible work schedule to meet program needs, which may include evenings and/or weekends on occasion
* Requires the provision of official transcripts upon hire
* Upon hire, must pass security inquiry which may include criminal and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans' Preference when applying with Chemeketa Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VETERANS' PREFERENCE
* MEMBER COPY 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) -OR- Letter from the US Dept. of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension
* Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
For information regarding Veterans' Preference qualifications, visit the following website:
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary requirements are met.