Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. With more than 400,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—in more than 145 countries, Oracle provides a complete technology stack both in the cloud and in the data center. Oracle’s industry-leading cloud-based and on-premises solutions give customers complete deployment flexibility and unmatched benefits including application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*Chief Cloud Architect Oracle Hospitality DevOps*
Oracle is seeking a Chief Cloud Architect Oracle Hospitality DevOps. This role is responsible for managing Oracle Hospitality Cloud Applications architecture posture and providing active and engaged guidance to our business, product development, and application operations teams. We are seeking a resource who welcomes any challenge to participate in driving an industry leading end-to-end cloud strategy that ensures our product development and operations processes allow our customers to rest easy knowing that the applications they depend on are secure and resilient.
Our successful candidate will be technically adept in cloud technologies, possessing a broad combination of skills and experiences reflecting the complexities of safeguarding our company and our customers. This role requires that you be technically curious with a strong desire to understand how things are built and work. This role also requires a forward thinking openness to new technologies and approaches while remaining vigilantly focused on regulatory strength and maximum availability.
Our new Chief Architect will need to be adept at influencing across Oracle by earning the trust and respect of the business. In addition, our Chief Architect must be well-spoken with the capacity to inspire confidence and trust.
Oracle fully appreciates that the role of cloud architecture is central to the success of all of our service offerings and we must constantly evolve to meet the demands of an ever-changing world. A deep understanding of cloud enterprise applications is essential. That said, we are not looking for a single set of experiences - rather someone who comes with a number of experiences working in cloud technology.
We will focus on candidates who can combine their technology expertise with the qualities and characteristics needed to push critical and timely change in our Oracle Hospitality DevOps organization. Some of the most important qualities and characteristics are:
*Expects Results*: Consistently drives high standards to accomplish key goals.
*Communicates and Influences*: Clearly communicates information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused and compelling way. Willing to offer intellectual mindshare without ego.
*Is Analytical and Instinctual*: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense.
*Possesses Business Acumen*: Keen understanding of technology, business and operations with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
* This role requires that you have knowledge of the full stack of the services you support (Network to Application), that you understand the underlying cost drivers of delivering the service, and that you are able to establish and balance the risks/benefit in order to drive the actions that deliver the best result for our customers and while maintaining a high degree of security and compliance.
* Serves as Cloud Architect for SaaS services targeting industry verticals, including HA and DR topics, Network, Security, Service Management
* Defines cloud architectures either for Private or Hybrid or Public Cloud based solutions
* Understands how to integrate Public Cloud Providers services (IaaS/PaaS) into the overall solution framework
* Drive strategy for defining path from legacy on-premise software models to Cloud Native/True SaaS service architectures
* Partners with other solution architects to assess solution alignment to the overall architectural blueprint
* Communicates with executive management, development leads, cloud architects, and product management
* Partner with product teams to guide, lead, and push the boundaries toward scalable, self-healing, autonomous platform solutions
* Define how to use latest technologies to identify and optimize the operational efficiency for architecture supporting Oracle Hospitality Cloud Service Offerings
* Drive a customer-first culture that keeps customer at the forefront of decision making
* Work in active partnership with all key stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop supporting architecture principles and objectives
* Lead a holistic and integrated approach to providing data integrity, information confidentiality and service availability
* Define and monitor performance indicators
* Lead architecture that engages leaders and subject matter experts cross-functionally.
* Act as technical advisor to Hospitality Product Development leadership team
* Technical Skills
* Collaboration / Influencing Skills
* Business & financial skills
* Understand the needs to business using the service
* Broad knowledge of Security & Compliance
* Experience in architecture, engineering, deployment and operational management of a best-in-class cloud service offerings
* Experience leading large scale migration strategies
* Demonstrated security knowledge
* Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence
* 8 years of experience leading programs as the Primary Architect for a Fortune 500 organization or a Cloud Service Provider
* 10 years of proven experience in cloud-related platforms
* Demonstrated knowledge of either AWS and/or Azure environments, a plus
* Experience with cloud-centric authentication and authorization and their federation with traditional data center authentication and authorization
* Practical development experience
* Experience managing remediation and resolution
* Knowledge of common web application and mobile frameworks
* Demonstrated expertise in industry best practices for bringing applications to cloud
* Demonstrated experience engaging across business units in order to ensure vested interests and trust while driving a technical strategy forward over multiple product iterations
The Oracle Hospitality Cloud DevOps team is a newly formed group within Oracle working on solving difficult challenges in maximizing our service availability while working in parallel to evolve applications from SaaS to True Cloud Native Solutions. We are like a start-up inside a large company with a big charter and with room for creative freedom. We are looking to assemble some of the smartest people in the industry in growing this team.
No matter your role on our team, you'll find yourself in an exciting and challenging environment where every person is empowered to show initiative, be outspoken, and be proactive, not reactive. Oracle is dedicated to the continual growth and development of its staff, striving constantly to strengthen our expertise as well as develop new skills. Our team is spread all around the world on four continents. We provide a full range of opportunities and challenges to apply your skills and grow your career in this new and exciting arena.
Advanced degree in computer science or related field
*Detailed Description and Job Requirements*
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures along our applications journeys to true cloud solutions. You will suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. You will review and refine reference architectures for each product service offering and design/develop architecture according to those specifications. As a senior member of our technical staff, you will be expected to provide consultative infrastructure guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of cloud applications and operating systems as well providing leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Our new Chief Architect will act as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or 10 years equivalent experience relevant to functional area of cloud engineering technologies. *While we would prefer candidate to be located in the Columbia, MD Oracle Hospitality Headquarters, this position is eligible for remote employment.*
**Job:** **Product Development*
**Title:** *Chief Cloud Architect ? Oracle Hospitality DevOps*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *18000LLU*