Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
As the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), you willdevelop, standardize, and ensures the appropriate translation of evidence-based care into daily nursing practice throughout the Company. You will work with and through the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and operational and clinical leaders to facilitate a comprehensive company-wide approach to nursing practice issues, standards and staffing. In this role, you will ensure quality standards among the nursing care, as well as, general quality control measures in the company in association with the CMO. Within the context of company strategy, priorities, environmental factors and industry standards, you will have the opportunity to develop nursing practices that result in high-quality patient care. Together, we will embrace and champion the company culture of client service excellence. You will serve as a leader, role model and mentor for the company's nursing leadership.
You will primarily work in an office environment with travel up to 40% to correctional facilities, regional offices, and client sites.
- Provides vision, oversight, and direction for nursing throughout the company. Working in collaboration with medical leadership and operational leaders, establishes and promotes best practice of evidence-based medicine. Provides oversight to the state/regional DONs through a matrixed organization.
- Keeps abreast of legislation and regulatory changes that will impact the delivery of nursing care and develops long range plans for compliance and risk mitigation.
- Serves as Thought Leader for nursing in the Correctional Healthcare Industry.
- In collaboration with the CMO serves as a clinical Corizon Health representative for all accreditation agencies.
- Champions safety practices and procedures in nursing care including infection control.
- Ensures that nursing care is delivered in a consistent, scientific framework throughout the company and standardizes nursing workflows as allowed. This includes the following:
- NCCHC, ACA and/or Joint Commission standards and protocols
- Core process programs and audits
- Core clinical competencies
- Nursing encounter tools
- General health care policies and procedures
- Emergency response tools
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with region and contract nurse leaders.
- Uses data trends and works collaboratively with operational leaders to formulate the staffing plan and acquire necessary resources to ensure consistent application of the established nursing care methodology.
- Identifies gaps in care and utilization trend for preventable offsite treatments and creates and implements prescriptive clinical educational roadmaps to address.
- In collaboration with HR, ensures the screening and hiring process promotes the addition of highly qualified candidates for nursing into the organization.
- Provides oversight to the clinical educator(s) and, in collaboration with HR, will establish a standardized approach to nursing onboarding, education, and training.
- Identifies, develops relationships with, and maintains strategic academic and industry organization partnerships and affiliations. Will ensure the curriculum meets the educational institution and Corizon Health requirements.
- Develops a system approach/model for the professional development of nursing staff by setting expectations and designing goals, structures, systems and metrics for nursing staff development including clinical ladders, clinical recognition programs and national certification.
- Collaborates with HR to ensure training/compliance/competency material is up to date and promotes high-quality nursing care.
- Creates, maintains, and champions continuous quality improvement processes for evaluating site compliance with established policies, procedures, and patient care outcomes.
- Identifies company-wide nursing quality indicators to assure standardization and accountability.
- Ensures that nurses throughout the company remain competent in the care they provide to patients with established metrics and methodology for tracking.
- Oversees the quality department to ensure the Patient Safety Organization, Quality Care, and Grievance processes align with the overall quality goals of the organization.
- Actively participates in the development of proposals in response to RFPs and participates in oral presentations.
- Reviews and assists in finalizing staffing models.
- Reviews all RFPs and provide insight on clinical areas.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Master's degree Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Education or a related field preferred.
- Current R.N licensure required.
- 10+ years of experience in nursing administration and management/leadership roles with increasing responsibilities within a correctional healthcare setting.
- Must have extensive knowledge of NCCHC and ACA accreditation standards.
- Knowledgeable of healthcare technologies and proficient in computer applications.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills. Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to management, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Understanding of nursing trends, practices and issues and how they affect the company.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Chief Nursing Officer, Location: Nashville, TN - 37203