UnityPoint Health is a nonprofit integrated network of hospitals, clinics and home care services in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin, with headquarters in West Des Moines, IA. Their 32,000 employees, including home care experts, hospital teams and more than 1,100 doctors and specialists share a professional culture which is 'physician-led', meaning that physicians are not only caregivers, but also team leaders. The well-structured organization stands behind four principles: Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, Seize Opportunities; and all team members strive to work as one to ensure the best care to patients. Along with medical, dental coverage and 401K, UnityPoint Health offers added benefits to assist you in your personal life, such as fitness center reimbursement, parental leave, coaching and mentoring.
The Clinic Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day clinic operations in a medical office practice and monitors the activities of all office operations components to ensure the clinic meets its objectives. The Clinic Supervisor reports directly to Clinic Administrators/Senior Clinic Administrators and advises and seeks consent from the organizations leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities in the clinic.
Responsibilities Coordinates day to day clinic operations and provide day to day support to providers.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functions performed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies, and procedures.
* Supervise assigned clinical and/or patient service representatives
* Provide leadership within the clinic setting in order to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
* Responsible for delegated accountability of department metrics
* Perform other duties as requested by the organization's management team and the providers to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Financial Results/Budget Responsibility
* Manage controlled expenses as assigned
* Provide information to support budgeting process as requested
* Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization's intranet site.
* Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
* Support UnityPoint Clinic strategic initiatives as requested.
Employee/Physician Relations/Performance and Talent Management
* Establish effective mechanism of communication with staff, providers, and patients to foster and environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development. Schedule, conduct, and complete follow-up for monthly staff and provider meetings.
* Act as a liaison between physician/providers and the organization's leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
* Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
* First line decision maker with respect to employee relations situations; informing appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator of all employee situations and partnering with appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator on high level employee situations.
* Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
* Follow protocols and policies in decision making
* Identify and resolve day to day issues related to position of oversight
* Seek guidance from clinic manager as needed
* Create a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission vision and values of the organization.
* Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work
* Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures
* Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information
* Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures
* Bachelor's degree OR combination of education and experience required business and/or health care management degree preferred
* Work Experience
* 2-3 years of clinic operations experience preferred.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong computer skills
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgement, decision making and problem-solving expertise.
* Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles
* Ability to work as a team member
Associated topics: business coach, captain, district manager, editor in chief, gerente, manager in training, planning operations, police commander, project manager, senior manager