As Clinical Data Managers, we collect and analyze data from a wide range of medical research programs, including medical and pharmaceutical trials. We collaborate to ensure the data is collected, handled and reported clearly and securely. Some of us work for major pharmaceutical firms, hospitals, public bodies, commercial enterprises and research universities. We play a significant role in the collaboration process between the clinical data planner and the study team by producing analyses, statistical measurements, data maps, and other presentational documents. We assist and advise functional areas like marketing, clinical monitoring and medical services with knowledge and resources.
- prepare activity, results, or progress reports based on data analysis
- process clinical data, which includes receiving, entering, verifying, and filing data
- create and validate clinical databases
- create or choose specialized software systems for different research scenarios
- use effective computational methods to analyze clinical results