Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a
. This position will be based in Schenectady, NY.
The Clinical Director is responsible for the planning and administration of quality health care in the reproductive health care setting. This position is based in Southern Central New York in PPGNY's Region two which includes Duchess, Sullivan, Orange, Ulster, Fulton, Warren, Schenectady, Saratoga, Schoharie, and Montgomery counties.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What a Clinical Director Does:
- The Clinical Director works in conjunction with the Vice President of patient services and the PPGNY physician leadership to ensure that high quality care is delivered in a customer service driven environment.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, other clinicians, and ancillary staff.
- Builds and maintains positive, quality relationships with customers, both internal (colleagues) and external (patients, clients, donors, etc.)
- Provides clinical oversight of Advanced Practice Clinicians
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Patient Service the Clinical Director assists in creating, maintaining and monitoring quality medical standards and systems for the health centers and works to train clinicians in the implementation of current and new medical services.
- Responsible for reporting all situations that endanger the welfare of minors as well as following our policies and procedures relating to state mandatory reporting laws.
- The position provides improved delivery of patient care by strengthening the training, orientation and monitoring of licensed and unlicensed staff in the centers.
- Serves as a clinical resource for other medical staff throughout the agency.
- A current New York State license as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner by a national credentialing body.
- 2+ year's work experience as a clinician, with experience in family planning, women's health or an ob/gyn setting.
- Current CPR certification
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities. Must be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences among staff and patients.
- Clinicians maintain professional growth and development through continuing education, including participation in conferences, workshops, and professional affiliations.
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency, organizational, analytical, leadership and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Willingness to function as a role model and educator.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with members of the health care team.
- Must be able to work in a busy clinical environment. Demonstrated ability to manage health-related emergency conditions including independent decision-making.
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
- Master's degree in nursing or related health field
- Experience in Primary Care
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employmentAll positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY's education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job was posted on Sat Apr 17 2021 and expired on Mon May 10 2021.