Saber's technology is a tech company that is ranked at the focal point of the travel business. Their foundation interfaces individuals with encounters that matter in their lives, and powers almost US$8 trillion travel industry. Their innovation and information-driven arrangements help their hotel, airline, travel agency & corporate customers develop their organizations and change the travel experience. Throughout the long term, they have formed and modernized the travel business. The company spearheaded corporate booking tools, online travel agencies, revenue management, web & mobile itinerary tools, etc. Their travel commercial center transacts more than US$120 billion of travel spend each year. The company specializes in Travel, IT / Technology, Aviation / Airline, Hotels, GDS, Travel Agencies, Mobile solutions, Corporate Travel, Business Travel, & Technology. They hire seasoned staff members who are paid nicely.
Req ID: 50858
Job Family: Intern
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre is full of passionate people who work on delivering outstanding travel industry solutions. Whether you travel to connect with your friends or family, go abroad to learn about other cultures or for business - you connect with other people in a special way. We are looking for people who will help us improve the world by making travel more convenient and affordable.
Sabre Next Generation Platform (NGP) System Services provides a technical platform for Sabre product teams. The technical platform gives product teams the freedom to deploy enhancements multiple times per week. Teams deliver new features from concept to production in days because the Platform as a Service that we offer solves common issues like autoscaling, log aggregation, metrics collection and analysis, transaction tracing, messaging. We utilize Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EFK, Kafka/Strimzi, Istio, AWS. We’re also very keen on open source. We contribute to some of the technologies listed above as well as publishing other things we’d like to share on our GitHub account. Each member gets time to Sharpen the Saw , to play with new toys or technologies. We take pride in delivering high-quality software in the Cloud.
For you Cloud is more than a job, it is also your hobby and passion. With a background in development, operations, and R&D you know what it takes to design, automate and support cloud deployments. With a sense of urgency, you are able to deliver high-quality solutions. You quickly learn new skills and then apply them to the problem at hand. You bring passion, enthusiasm and technical proficiencies to our team.
You will be a part of a team
• Building platform for running Microservices, and Containerized Apps in the Cloud
• Developing Cloud solutions including CI/CD, Monitoring, Messaging (e.g. K8S Operators)
• Training other teams to run their products using our Platform
• Acting as a technical consultant and advocate for the NGP System Services
• Participating in the Open Source products evaluation
• Utilizing Agile to deliver high-quality solutions with a keen eye for scalability and reliability
• Applying fundamental skills, concepts, and practices to solve challenging assignments
• Experience with containerization-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes / OpenShift
• Experience with at least one of programming languages (Java, Go)
• Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
• Familiarity with Cloud Native Applications design patterns and best practices
• Experience with Continuous Integration (e.g. Maven / Gradle), Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins Pipelines), Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Ansible)
• Experience with Agile and DevOps culture
• Positive attitude, attention to detail, a team player, excellent problem solving skills, and strong work ethic
• Experience with IaaS / SaaS platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with developing K8S Operators (K8S APIs, CRDs, etc.)
• Experience in exposing and consuming REST, GRPC services
• Experience in EFK (ElasticSearch, FluentD, Kibana), OpenMetrics (Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana), OpenTracing (Jaeger)
• Experience / contribution to open source projects
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at .
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers