Position Description:Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nations most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement World Class Care, every patient, every time helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Coding Office Specialist to join our team!
What Youll Do
The Coding Office Specialist will be responsibleto provide general clerical assistance to all members of the physican coding team to include but not limited to patient demographic entry, charge entry and process flow. Basic understanding of ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS.
What We Offer
- Accessing several data bases to gather patient demographic information and accurately input into the practice management system.
- Accurate data entry of charges to include all ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes within 48 business hours of receiving the coded documents.
- Gather vital documents and appropriately prepare them to send to outsourced coding company. Understanding of what information is required in order for the coding company to appropriately code the services.
- Ability to identity and communicate problems or questionable cases for appropriate follow up.
- Stay current on all state and federal requirments.
- Completes any other tasks assigned by manager.
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability.
Position Requirements:What Yo ull Bring
- Minimum one year medical office experience with experience in medial coding/billing preferred.
- Basic understanding of ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS.
- Knowledge of practice management billing systems and revenue cycle.
- High school diploma or GED required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.