Daikin is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Commercial Sales Manager position for the Southwest area. Preferred locations are Los Angeles, Orange County or San Diego areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing relationships with the architectural and engineering community and other key HVAC equipment specification influencers, to educate them about Daikin VRV & Light Commercial products and their applications, to increase the number of Daikin VRV & Light Commercial specifications, and to ensure these specifications are successfully converted into sales. Work with Reps and company owned sales offices in the education, specification and application of Daikin VRV & Light Commercial products in the assigned territory. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at www.careersatgoodmanmfg.com
- Meet or exceed customer recruitment targets for quantity of contractors and volume expectations.
- In conjunction with specified Daikin distributor or Applied REP customer, recruit mechanical contractors.
- Using VRV Pro program as guideline, establish contractor technical training schedules and business development plans.
- Ensure channel policy is upheld in responsible geography.
- Ensure Channel Partners qualify for inclusion under the guidelines in the VRV Pro Policy
- Coordinate field support functions such as training and technical support as needed.
- Provide product training for VRV Pro contractor’s customers. To include becoming a trainer for all I&C classes
- Develop complete understanding of all aspects of VRV program.
- Coach and mentor TSM on contractor development
- Coordinate activities when applicable between rep and distributor in support of VRV Pro and Design Build market.
- Provide product presentations to contractor and customer groups.
- Coordinate activities with Manager, Contractor Development
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership and customer relationship management experience in a technical sales environment
- 5+ years HVAC experience
- Ability to provide VRV and Light Commercial design and application assistance.
- Complete understanding of VRV and Light Commercial product offerings
- Experience managing a revenue budget of $5M to $20M
About Daikin North America
Daikin North America LLC (DNA) is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd, the world's leading manufacturer of air conditioners and refrigerants. DNA provides the North American market with a full range of residential and commercial HVAC products leveraging its advanced core technologies for refrigerant control, inverters and heat pumps. The company has committed to further development of innovative, high-quality air-conditioning solutions, with the construction of a $417M state-of-the-art manufacturing and business campus in Houston, TX to be completed mid-2016. For additional information, visit www.daikinac.com and www.daikincomfort.com
About Daikin Industries, Ltd
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is the world's leading manufacturer of air conditioners and refrigerants. The company, leveraging its advanced core technologies for refrigerant control, inverters and heat pumps, develops innovative, high-quality air-conditioning solutions for homes, offices and industrial facilities. Founded in Osaka, Japan in 1924, Daikin and its affiliates now operate in more than 70 production bases worldwide and employ a global workforce of 59,000. Daikin products are available in more than 140 countries. For additional information, visit www.daikin.com