Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants has earned a reputation for supplying timely and high quality medical services. Our patients come first, and our employees play an important role in providing services and maintaining our reputation. We offer 401k, health, dental, vision, and other great benefits. We help subsidize membership fees for Lifetime Fitness! We are proud of our teamwork and friendly driven atmosphere to provide patient success.
Day in the Life
The Communication Specialist assists all patients calling in for appointments, and rescheduling appointments. The Communications Specialist is responsible for scheduling patients for appointments, confirming the appointment time, reviewing and verifying demographics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Book appointments, coordinate and re-schedule patients and confirms appointments using computerized system.
- Answering high volume phone queue.
- Screens calls, takes messages and directs to appropriate triage.
- Block schedules for surgeries, vacations, PTO, etc.
- Prepares the daily schedule of physicians' office, OR and on-call coverage.
- Check reports for cancellations daily and remove from schedule.
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints.
- Opens and closes switchboard according to established procedure.
- Follows all HIPAA regulations as instructed.
- Check New Patient list for duplicates.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Customer service email correspondence (must have proper grammar to compose emails to clients.)
- Performs additional related duties assigned as needed for the practice
- Strong customer service support skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills verbal & written.
- Good listening skills, good grammar and good reading comprehension.
- Punctual, reliable, hardworking, well organized, professional and detail orientated.
- Ability to problem solves and makes decisions quickly under pressure.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of phone systems and All scripts patient Management system
- Operates basic office equipment such as telephone, fax, and computer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office experience with knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook a plus.
- Scheduling experience preferred.
- Fluent in English/ bilingual in Polish or Spanish a plus.
- Healthcare industry knowledge helpful.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Sitting, and talking for long periods of time while operating a telephone.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate such as found in a normal business office with computers.
Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Veteran status, disability or national origin.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro