- Assist in the preparation of molds and forms.
- Mark and cut tape, woven material, honeycomb, adhesive and similar materials following templates, guides or specific dimensions and sequences following specific instruction.
- Route, drill, trim and sand to blueprint dimensions and tolerances. Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure.
- Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
- With assistance, fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets and voids following directions and instructions.
- Assemble Aircraft components using structural adhesives, rivets and threaded fasteners.
- Prepare surface and paint composite and metal components including bodywork, contour shaping and sanding. Apply spray application of epoxy paints, urethane and water based epoxy coatings, using a high volume low-pressure spray gun.
- Assist in the development of shop aids to facilitate fabrication, trimming and assembly as required.
- Check expiration dates of materials prior to use, prepare proper mixes of resins and catalysts.
- Maintain records as required. Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools, equipment and material to storage areas.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications: -strong work ethic (work stability)
-Must have worked with or familiarity with assembly, fabrication, or mechanics.
- Communication: Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations.
-Mechanically Inclined: Must be able to use hand tools.
-Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing? Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Associated topics: cae, chassis, mechanic, mechanism, motor, naval, proe, turbine, turbomachinery, vehicle