Xator Corporation is a trusted provider of mission-focused C4ISR solutions addressing National Security & Intelligence, Tactical Intelligence, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and Training for U.S. Government clients at home and abroad. Our work positively impacts the safety and security of personnel, facilities, and vital information throughout the world.
- This position will be responsible for evaluating new technologies and possible security vulnerabilities associated with them.
- Assist in the planning of policies and guidelines involving state-of-the-art equipment and their possible implementation in State Department resources.
- Responsible for testing the vulnerabilities associated with the software applications and hardware for networks. The employee will work with a laboratory focused local area network.
- Design and deployment of network and video infrastructure cabling.
- Ability to analyze computer and network architectures, to optimize network performance, security, and laboratory testing functionality.
- Must have excellent oral and writing communication skills in order to document testing procedures, results, and recommendation for the secure implementation of tested technologies to senior Department of State managers.
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues in a timely manner while under tight time and resource constraints.
- Must have the ability to perform research, test, review and report on emergent technologies.
- Seeking a system engineer to join a team responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise systems for the Technical Surveillance Countermeasures Branch.
- This position will be responsible for managing operations of systems which includes tasks such as research, development, deployment and maintenance.
- Design and deployment of network infrastructure.
- Ability to analyze computer and network architectures to optimize performance, security, and laboratory testing.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills are needed in order to document testing procedures, test results, deployment recommendations, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), manuals, and security documentation.
- As part of a collaborative environment the applicant will work with other teams or program on a regular basis.Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues in a timely manner while under tight time and resource constraints.
- US Citizen or Interim Secret Clearance. Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Five years of experience with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; or at least ten years of equivalent work experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in configuring, design and maintaining Window servers; Designing, configuring, and testing of personal computer and network software components in a laboratory environment.
- Experience in software programming and command line interface.
- Experience in setting up patch management software and backup management solutions; VMWare, C, C++, Objective C, Java, communication protocol implementation, Wi-Fi, RFID, Bluetooth, TCP-IP, VoIP, Linux/Windows/OSX fluency, scripting
- Experience with commercial and government best practices in securing computers, networks, and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of use in all major windows applications. Detail understanding and experience in the fluency of mobile Android/iOS/Blackberry.
- Knowledgeable of system architecture, device management and deployment as well as application design.
- Knowledge of active directory application mode, lightweight directory access protocol, and online certificate status protocol.
- Knowledge of bandwidth utilization.
Required: US Citizen or Interim Secret Clearance. If not, clearable.
Education: Bachelor of Science – Computer Science
Preferred Master’s Degree – Computer Science
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience in the industry for MS Degree
- Minimum 10 Years of Experience in the industry for BS Degree
- Experience in software engineering, networks, information technology, and/or information systems
- Project management skills, including schedule, and risk management
- System Architecture, Device Management, System Deployment
- Proficient in the following:Operating Systems:
- Windows – Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Workstations
- Linux – Ubuntu or Debian
- Relational Databases such as: MySql or SQL
- Writing Documentation for Software/Hardware Lifecycle tracking/development
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the lab and the field
- Prefer to have some experience with:
- Agile Development
- Web Interface/Service design and implementation [SOAP/Restful Service over TLS]
- Device Operating Systems: Blackberry, Android, iOS
- Programming Languages: C/C++, .Net, OpenGL, Java
- Wireless Communications such as: Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, or ZWave
- Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Microcontrollers such as: Raspberry Pi or Arduino Platforms
- Internet of Things (IOT) devices
Travel Requirement: 10 to 30%
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.