Today, Leidos is a global, 31,000-employee Fortune 500 enterprise committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient.Leidos suppliers are critical to the company and customer's success. Our Leidos Alliance members share our customer-focused commitments and encapsulate our mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos has a career opening for a Configuration Manager located in Alexandria, VA.
The job of the Configuration Manager is to perform configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational software/systems. The ideal candidate will work with developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational software/systems. The Configuration Manager is to utilize and/or recommend automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures regularly throughout the duration of the effort. The role requires a strong emphasis on developing or modifying CM plans, policies, and procedures as necessary tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. CM discipline is expected to be implemented for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life while always maintaining the foresight to perform change control and configuration audits. Some travel required.
* Maintain the integrity of the functional, allocated, and product baselines and controlled data.
* Develop the configuration management plans to meet contract requirements.
* Develop work products and deliverables per the approved plans.
* Implement disciplined configuration and data management processes.
* Define the configuration and data management processes for the program.
* Manages the configuration and data management processes for the program, including interpretation of contract requirements, formal configuration baseline control, developmental configuration documentation, contract data requirements delivery, program library, and functional and physical configuration audits.
* Provides accurate and timely data and reports.
* Defines the requirements for and status of the developmental configuration documentation for the program.
* Participates with the system engineering manager to plan and conduct technical reviews and audits.
* Conducts the functional and physical configuration audits.
* Works closely with all program personnel to ensure timely delivery deliverables.
* Prepares metrics of data delivery schedule compliance.
* Tracks performance measures to assess program performance against the plan.
* Develops and Maintains a library of reference Data Item Descriptions (DIDs), supplier documentation, specifications, and drawings.
* Defines the change control procedures for the program.
* Participates in all change control boards.
* Prepares and tracks metrics of change activity.
* Identifies configuration and data management requirements and proposes automated solutions for implementing comprehensive systematic coverage.
* May conduct personnel administration, including timely performance reviews.
* Assist in implementation of hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
* Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items.
* Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures.
* Understand basic concepts; assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration.
* Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
* Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
* Utilize configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items.
* Bachelor?s degree and 4+ years of related experience in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
* Experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
* Previous experience Minimum three years of managerial experience with a minimum of three years.
* Configuration management experience in a federal government and/or data center environment.
* Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
* Exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
* Familiar with ITIL process.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world?s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company?s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company?s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task