Job DescriptionConstruction Project ManagerCharlotte, North Carolina
Currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager to join a growing Commercial General Contractor in Charlotte, NC. The Construction Project will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of commercial construction projects to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. An additional focus of this position is to strengthen existing as well as build new and lasting relationships with clientele and subcontractors.Responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager:
- Develop and refine project specific and client-driven goals, schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of client, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria meeting the client's needs.
- Develop and maintain project budget, schedules, and cost control. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Complete monthly job cost projection reports and meet with management team to discuss cost and any issues on projects.
- Provide estimating assistance to pre-construction staff as needed.
- Track and communicate weekly project schedule updates to subcontractors and owners.
- Complete subcontracts and purchase orders. Monitor and approve vendor and subcontractor invoices. Develop and process monthly pay applications.
- Submit and review change orders while effectively communicating issues and developing resolutions.
- Initiate and conduct weekly project meetings with all stakeholders.
- Review and address plan details, resolve issues before they result in added budget expenditures.
- Maintain continual open communication with clients, design team, project superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Attend client interviews and meetings.Qualifications Summary for the Construction Project Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management in a commercial/industrial construction environment.
- Experience managing small to mid-size commercial construction projects ($1M - $5M).
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and decision-making/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proactive client focus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Vista, P6 Scheduling, Timberline estimating, and ProCore.Compensation and Benefits Summary for the Construction Project Manager:- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.- Excellent benefits. - Strong company culture, mission and values.- Travel involved. Company DescriptionJones Networking staffing professionals are industry-leading recruiting experts aimed at helping talented candidates make the right career decisions. Our recruiters combine decades of knowledge with local industry connections to identify career opportunities that are right for you. Whether you are looking to supplement your income or take the next step in your career, Jones Networking would like to partner with you!
Associated topics: administrator, construction manager, director, gcc, healthcare, public works, scheduler, site, superintendent, supervisor