Informatica helps you make data ready for use in any way possible, so you can put truly great data at the center of everything you do. Working with a robust ecosystem of more than 400 global partners—including the leading systems integrators, resellers, and ISVs—Informatica enables you to access, integrate, and trust your information assets and receive maximum value from your investment. Tap into our deep industry knowledge, extensive systems integration and services expertise, specialized solutions, and proven capabilities.
The Informatica Professional Services Consultant develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities, typically onsite at the customer's location. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Drives simple deployments of Informatica technology and solutions
- Works closely with the broader Informatica teams, customers, and channels to deliver the right solution and helps drive innovation of product capabilities.
- Drives customer success and maximizes the value of Informatica technology by leveraging shared best practices
- Delivers projects using the Informatica Velocity methodology
- Develops additional assets for re-use by the broader ecosystem as part of the Velocity methodology
- Travel to customer sites typically exceeds 50%, but may exceed 75% for extended periods, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Education & Experience
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Influences within team and builds relationships outside of immediate area to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions for data management projects
- Hands on experience with at least one Informatica product line
- Proven experience with mainstream relational database management systems.
- Proven experience working with mainstream operating systems.
- Proficient in the use of SQL.
- Understanding of BigData environments and infrastructure
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud environments and infrastructure
- Demonstrates effective communication to technical and business audiences, inter-personally or in presentations.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience.