New York, New YorkOperationsFull-timeTransfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.As a Contracts Administrator, you will own our contract administration processes and liaise between our sales and legal teams. You will be an integral part in completing the closing process with our enterprise customers and carriers. If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- As an experienced project manager, facilitate and drive our customer and vendor contracting process
- Lead contract management projects including system selection, integration, implementation and administration
- Partner closely with Legal, Sales, and Operations teams to ensure accuracy of contract procedures
- Assist in the drafting and recommended inputs to negotiations of legal agreements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency through ongoing analysis
- Leverage your knowledge of terms and condition clauses that pertain to liability, indemnification, warranty, and liquidated damages to assist with contract negotiations
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Law, or a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience leading contract management processes, drafting and negotiating contracts
- You have project management experience and ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Ideally, you have experience in the 3PL and/or Transportation management industry, and you you have IACCM certification
- You have strong attention to detail and pride yourself on not letting anything slip through the cracks
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You are able to take complex legal ideas and explain them clearly in “non-legalese” and make recommendations on how to proceed
- You are an optimist who is always looking to find ways to get to “yes”, but balance that with pragmatism and always have an eye to protect and serve the company’s best interests
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.