Mathematica Policy Research is a pioneering nonpartisan research organization dedicated to improving public well-being. Our 1,200+ experts conduct policy research, data collection, and data analytics that meet the highest standards of quality and objectivity, working with decision makers across the public and private sectors.We have been at the forefront of assessing the effectiveness of policies and programs for nearly 50 years. Considered an architect of social policy research, Mathematica conducted the first social policy experiment in the United States, the New Jersey Negative Income Tax Experiment, to test ways of encouraging low-income individuals to work.
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and
practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with
public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep
insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding
using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to
guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early
childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and
international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive
salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of
being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will
experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem
with the company s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of
independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our
mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our
We are seeking a Contracts Manager to join our Business Operations group in our
Washington, D.C. office. The Contracts Manager will provide a full range of
contracting services including drafting contracts and subcontracts. Major
responsibilities include contract and subcontract administration and contract
and subcontract negotiations. The Contracts Manager will perform diversified
duties requiring knowledge of Mathematica s contract and project activities
policies, procedures, personnel as well as a working knowledge of the Federal
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contract and subcontract documents to
understand the responsibilities and obligations of the contracting
parties and to perform contract and subcontract administration
* Negotiating contracts in conjunction with the Corporate Legal Counsel
* Providing contractual guidance to project directors, project managers and
* Preparing and submitting of administrative and other reports to federal
agencies and the maintenance of the company s registration in SAM
government database system.
* Experience managing full range of contract types and requirements from
cradle to grave (especially US Government contracts)
* Assist in the management of the company s small business subcontracti
program, to include identifying and classifying potential small business
partners, collecting and analyzing subcontracting data, preparing and
submitting required subcontracting reports, and representing the company
before the Small Business Administration.
* Preparing and reviewing Small Business Subcontracting Plans to meet the
Small Business Administration s requirements
* Attendance at monthly project review meetings
* Interface with client contracting officers to request modifications,
funding, increase in contract value, etc.
* Preparing applicable contract correspondences to include 75%/85%
limitation of funding letters and requests for additional funding for
complex contract actions
* Actively participates in senior management meetings by providing guidance
to project teams as it relates to monitoring contract and subcontract
cost and technical terms, schedules, and the accomplishment of
* Preparing modifications to implement changes to contract and subcontract
agreements and preparing notification revisions for dissemination to
interested staff throughout the company
* Updating the contract database to incorporate changes based upon contract
and subcontract modifications
* Designs reports using information in the contracts database for pre-award
and post-award purposes
* BA/BS in Business Administration, Liberal Arts and Sciences, or similar
discipline and seven plus years experience in contracts management o
other comparable experience. A combination of equivalent education and
work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
* 7+ years of experience with FFP, T&M and Cost Reimbursement type
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
* Familiarity with RFPs, RFQs, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure
Agreements and Data Use Agreements.
* Familiarity with government databases such as SAM, ESRS, etc.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
* Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as accuracy with
work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
* Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously,
under deadline pressure and to set priorities with minimal input
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully
undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of
working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be
required to obtain the requisite clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and
basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.