Tapping into the universal human need to win, GGOB educates your people in the rules of business, rallies them around a common goal, empowers them to see and improve the score, and engages them by giving them skin in the game... presenting them with the opportunity to win (or lose) as a team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the COOP Engineer supports the engineering team in the development and launch of future programs, as well as the support of current programs. Success in this position is defined by the ability to learn from senior level engineers, and apply classroom engineering knowledge to practical manufacturing, and product development situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform diesel engine disassembly and assembly activities.
- Measure and qualify remanufactured engine components
- Assist in the creation of Work instructions, BOMs, Control Plans, PFMEA, and processes for new product introduction
- Assist with reverse engineering products to develop specifications and targets.
- Analyze core to understand failure modes and fall out.
- Assist with the launch of product to the manufacturing floor.
- Support and service current products through customer and shop floor interaction
- Maintain quality and safety goals of the organization.
- Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Work is performed partially in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for intermittent periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Sitting 20%, Standing/walking 80%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Currently pursuing a degree in engineering
- Willingness and desire to further a career in engineering
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Diverse mechanical knowledge including
- Ability to interpret technical documentation
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a critical function of this position and to the success of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information
PREFERRED SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with diesel engine service and assembly
- Technical writing experience
- Proficiency with precision measurement
- Excellent computer skills
Department: EngineeringThis is a non-management positionThis is a full time position