Company Summary Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit .
Auto req ID 5609BR
External Job Title Corporate Counsel - Labor and Employment
Position Responsibilities Deltek Powers Project Success
Better software means better projects. Deltek delivers software and information solutions that enable superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration. Our industry-focused expertise makes your projects successful and helps you achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
We are headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with more than 3,000 employees worldwide. More than 23,000 customers and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to make projects successful.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a motivated, energetic attorney to join our Legal Team to support our continued growth strategy.
The Corporate Counsel Labor and Employment will:
* Provide guidance on day-to-day domestic labor and employment matters, including with respect to the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act;
* Provide guidance on day-to-day international labor and employment matters;
* Draft and review offer letters, employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, employee handbooks, benefit plans and other employment-related policies;
* Maintain a repository of global, federal and state rules relating to various labor and employment matters, including background checks, overtime rules, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, leave policies and benefit plans;
* Evaluate and serve as a subject-matter expert on emerging labor and employment trends and best practices;
* Support our global mobility initiatives, including with respect to H-1 and L-1 visas, temporary work permits and intra-company transfers;
* Assist in the review, drafting and negotiation of privacy provisions in customer, partner and vendor contracts as they relate to employment matters;
* Conduct and advise on audits and assessments relating to employment matters;
* Serve on cross-functional due diligence and integration teams in connection with corporate acquisitions, providing guidance on employment-related matters;
* Support and guide the development and delivery of educational programs and training relating to corporate best practices; and
* Collaborate with other members of the Legal Team and Human Resources on corporate-wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate would be able to:
* Quickly understand key business objectives;
* Rapidly assess potential risks, benefits and consequences of decisions;
* Summarize key legal, technical and business issues and propose practical alternatives; and
* Efficiently manage a large variety of projects with a significant degree of independence.
Work Location US HDQ-Herndon, VA
* J.D. from a top school and bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
* 4+ years of relevant experience and/or SHRM certification;
* Experience with multi-national and/or technology companies;
* Significant U.S. and global employment law experience;
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
* Positive attitude and interpersonal skills that will foster teamwork and effective collaboration within the Legal Team and across other business units; and
* Familiarity with and interest in technology and software-related concepts.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||66%||2%|