Carrier Enterprise (CE) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, Watsco, Inc. We proudly distribute the Carrier, Bryant, Payne and Toshiba brands of HVAC equipment, as well as a full-line of HVAC residential and commercial parts, supplies, and accessories. We operate over 150 locations in the US and Canada.
The Corporate Human Resources Director is a key position that provides a high level of business partnership with both the field-based HR team and Corporate leadership. The incumbent will assist in the administration of all HR policies, procedures, programs, systems and data reporting, with a focus on consistency, compliance and standardization of the application of those policies and procedures. This person will also oversee payroll processing and benefits administration for the company. This position will report to the VP of Human Resources, and be located in Charlotte, NC.
- Consults with and provides HR guidance to the field-based HR team and corporate management on organizational design and development, leadership coaching and development, talent acquisition, talent management, total rewards, employee relations, company culture and policy administration.
- Ensures adherence to the organization's HR policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed on key processes. Work with field HR team on improving processes, consistency and compliance.
- Supervise the work of Payroll and Benefits personnel and serve as subject matter expert on payroll and benefits matters, while staying current on changes in state laws and payroll tax matters.
- Become very well versed in the Human Capital Management software system (ADP Vantage) and utilize it to provide key data to the VP of HR and other senior leaders.
- Assists in recruiting key leadership positions.
- Conducts internal investigations as required for employee-related issues.
- Support Continuous Improvement in HR programs including onboarding, performance and development planning, and talent and succession planning.
- Lead or support departmental HR special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business of Human Resources required; Master's degree in Business or Human Resources is highly desirable
- Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive Human Resources experience is required. In addition, previous Human Resources experience supporting multiple sites/states required. Payroll and benefits administration/oversight experience required.
- Strong background in payroll, benefits, performance management, employee relations, compensation, training/development, employment law, policy administration and change management.
- Proven successful track record in positive resolution of employee relations issues.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload while managing multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to gain trust and credibility with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer