Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, HipChat, and now Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
Craft Practices & Learning Leader (Product, Design, Engineering)
Mountain View, United StatesG&AFull TimeAt Atlassian, we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through open work.As a global leader in team collaboration tools, we are equally committed to investing in our own team and 2,500+ crafts people (Product, Design and Engineering).Reporting through to our Chief Experience Officer, you will lead our Practices & Learning team within the Bay Area, improving the efficacy of how our product delivery disciplines work together, while improving teams day-to-day.
- Do you believe that teams need the right practices and behaviors to drive teamwork and collaboration to truly unleash their potential?
- Do you thrive partnering with leaders and teams, eliminating bureaucracy, and fostering change through facilitation and education?
Join us! Atlassian is searching for a Practices & Learning Lead to help scale our capability in Mountain View and San Francisco. Work alongside our product and platform teams, guiding them in their efforts to be more agile, experimental and customer-centric.
Your Focus Areas Will Be:
- Consultation & Change Management - engagement lead, team needs identification, facilitation, problem framing
- Ways of working - Lean Agile transformation, process iteration/refinement, capability gap identification, leaders and team coaching, measures of success, maturity metrics
- Operations - systems thinking, waste removal, partnership with wider/interfacing Atlassian teams (People, Learning & Development, Events & Marketing)
In year one, you will:
- Locally represent Practices & Learning wider initiatives, partnering with our global team while customising programs to meet specific Bay Area needs. Your day-to-day may include:
- Representing and embedding Atlassian methodologies, enabling global consistency and helping teams through agile transformation
- Working with leadership to identify and assess possible teams and/or projects for pilot initiatives
- Kickoff and coordinate initiatives in pilot teams/projects, facilitating key conversations, learning and education opportunities and metrics to inform impact
- Pair with, and support, existing Bay Area teammates
- Partner with leaders to better understand needs, representing broader CXO objectives
In order to be successful in this role, you:
- Practice excellent communication across the business. You can connect with people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with executives.
- Have the ability to quickly develop credibility at all levels of the organization. As a multiplier, you recognize the intelligence around you and you inspire and motivate others to do their best work.
- Have an ability to strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help a team run effectively, and know how to introduce change in a way that helps make us faster and more confident.
- Think fast on your feet, come up with solutions to critical situations, make timely decisions and take calculated risks. You are constantly searching for new information and innovative ideas, willing to learn better ways of doing things.
- Love operations. You're organized, proactive, and thrive in the details–even as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. You think strategically, recognising the importance of long term goals, have vision, and are committed to success.
- Embrace diversity and are highly receptive to new ideas and people who are different. Your positive energy inspires those around you to consistently achieve goals.
In terms of experience, this means you:
More about our benefits
- Have worked in a consultancy capacity - you have hands on experience leading lean Agile enterprise, large-scale transformation initiatives, enjoy leading a ground swell of change, introducing and evolving our internal practices.
- Have worked collaboratively within teams, influencing to drive not just tactical execution but also larger strategy.
- Are a practitioner, crafts-person at heart, having previously worked in product teams, shipping and iterating customer value.
- Are comfortable facilitating conflicting viewpoints, bringing equal voice and perspective across all disciplines contributing to product development - always with the customer need at the core of the conversation.
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.