Hanmi Bank is a banking service with headquarters located in California. Its mission is to provide quality financial services to its customers. They are business experts and aids the small business to grow and succeed. It provides a wide range of products that include SBA lending, real estate lending, equipment leasing, specialty lending, and treasury management. IT offers mobile banking, online banking, order checks, banking forms, e-statement services. It also provides personal and business checks, savings, and debit cards. It is offering career opportunities for the BSA analyst, service associate, loan funder, branch manager, risk analyst, loan underwriter, and other positions.
This position is responsible for assisting Commercial, C&I, SBA, Real Estate Lending, Consumer and Commercial Equipment Leasing with credit underwriting and analysis of loan requests and preparation of written loan submissions. Conducts credit analyses including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers and portfolios. Make recommendations and/or decisions regarding the extension of credit. Investigates and analyzes credit. Monitors customer accounts and loan portfolios in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss. Prepares and presents credit files to committees for use in the making of lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans. Maintains control over the credit standings of accounts and furnishes information relative to credit inquiries, as appropriate. Reports to the Credit Manager.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
* Assists with credit presentations to include financial statement spreads, covenant testing, collateral analysis, obligor/facility ratings, cash flow analysis, relationship exposure, and underwriting.
* Actively evaluates property, sponsorship, global cash flow (using Company approved software) /contingent liability of the loan/guarantor on a deal by deal basis.
* Conducts site visits, meetings, and interviews with borrowers.
* Prepares file approval memorandums summarizing results and validates Credit Risk Ratings in compliance with the Company's policy and procedures.
* Monitors delinquencies, covenant compliance, etc.
* Provides direct support to Senior Credit Officers/Credit Manager to develop and analyze all relevant credit information in conjunction with account officers pertaining to more complex commercial and business loans.
* Makes recommendations for approval or non-approval.
* Works with processing/funding to ensure accurate flow of information in documents to provide efficient closing of loan funding.
* Attends, prepares and presents new and additional credit proposals in loan committee meetings.
* Tracks credit package completions.
* Requests re-documentation of loans that have undergone name, organizational or address changes.
* Assists in preparation of loan approval document such as account numbers, balances and entities.
* Provides customer service including meeting and greeting customers in person and on the phone.
* Proficiency in analyzing business and individual tax returns/financial statements to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow (identification of cash versus non cash income on K-1 statements, schedule E, etc.)
* Preparation of basic and/or preliminary analysis on the Company and its Guarantors. Analyses shall identify the purpose of the loan, sources of repayment, appropriateness of proposed structure, risks and mitigants (financial, business and or industry) associated with the proposal. Candidates must also be able to track financial and reporting covenants that monitor the credit, mitigate risks and meet the bank's credit policy guidelines.
* Performs thorough analysis of combined DSCR for underwriting of guarantors.
* Proficiency in analyzing credit and other reports on companies and individuals. Conduct research on specific industries or companies.
* Reviews formation documents for Borrowers. Determine appropriate Borrower signing authority. Candidates must be able to identify the requisite formation documents for different business entities (C-corp, Limited partnerships, General partnerships, Trusts, etc.) and be able to review such documents for accuracy. Order and review good standing certificates, UCC Searches and other applicable compliance documentations.
* Reviews loan documentation for consistency and accuracy relative to the approved credit narratives and compliance with the Bank's credit guidelines. This requires working with the Borrower, Commercial Loan Operations, and in some instances, outside legal counsel.
* Monitors existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance. Preparation and continual review the compliance log to ensure updated financial information and covenant compliance. Notify Borrower and Guarantor of missing reports and non-compliance with terms of their Agreement. Correspond with Loan Monitoring Group and Credit Administration on recommended waivers, amendments, etc. Focus on early identification of problem loans and assist Portfolio Managers, Business Bankers and Credit Administration to take appropriate action. Candidates should understand risk ratings and be able to provide recommendations for changes in current rating.
* Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
* Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values.
* Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
* Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
* Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in commercial or SBA lending - specifically, property cash flow analysis and appraisal valuation methods.
* Speaking, reading and writing in Korean is a plus.
* Ability to deliver bilingual customer service in Korean, Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Spanish is preferred.
* Commercial or SBA analysis/underwriting experience a plus
* Commercial business analysis skills (secondary to CRE analysis experience) a plus
* Financial analysis experience of business or CRE investment financial statements, CRE investment tax returns and individual's financial statements and tax returns
* The ability to present written credit memorandums in a clear, succinct manner, present credits to management/board loan committee.
* Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
* Able to make a conclusive recommendation based on independent analysis
* Able to handle multiple transactions at once and work well in a team-oriented environment
* Strong customer service skills, relationship development and management skills
* Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
* Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
* Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
* Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
* Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
* Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
* Current California driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.