Job Title: Curling Instructor
Department: Oakland Ice Center
Reports To: Participant Development Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Primary goal is to develop/expand the game of Curling at Oakland Ice Center. To provide all customers the history and technical aspects of the game of Curling. Teach specific skills and strategies to help facilitate the growth and level of experience. Ensure the game is enjoyable and rewarding for all.
- Develop lesson plans to appropriate skill level.
- Be familiar with fundamental and advance techniques of curling curriculum.
- Prepare and keep class attendance records up to date.
- Be prompt and on time for assignment.
- Assist with class lesson setup, including getting out equipment.
- Meet and exceed customer expectation. Classes should be fun, friendly and organized.
- Keep participants active and vary maneuvers.
- Develop positive relationships with customers.
- Ensure all students receive equal amount of instruction.
- Keep students informed of curling competitions and activities.
- Encourage new enrollment and promote re-enrollment in Sharks Ice Curling.
- Keep up to date with the latest curling rules and trends.
- Follow all rink rules, policies and procedures.
- Know emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation of building.
- Be available for curling classes, leagues, and special events with advance notice.
- Work closely with Oakland Ice Center Participant Development Manager to ensure all aspects of the scheduled function are completed.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of Oakland Ice Center and its Equipment.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Possesses a working knowledge of curling.
- Works well with youth and adults.
- Knowledge of Sharks Ice Curling and other local curling programs.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping, twisting, lunging, and lifting of up to 45 pounds may be required.