Job Title:Building Services/Custodian
Department: Oakland Ice Center
Reports To:Lead Supervisor/Operations Manager
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt, Part-Time Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Responsible for the safe operation and normal maintenance of the ice arena.
- Makes a positive contribution to the entertainment experience of guests by cleaning and maintaining the facility.
- Works with cleaning materials and solutions.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of Sharks Ice.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times that the facility is open for business, and ensures that all policies are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Positive attitude, self motivated.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Willingness to learn to drive ice resurfacing machine (must have valid California Driver's License).
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job that are physically demanding i.e., kneeling, bending, stooping, sweeping mopping, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, reaching, carry trash and garbage, empty trash cans, restock restrooms, carry buckets sometimes filled with liquids.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must not be allergic to the cleaning materials and solutions used.
- Available for shifts that extend into late night and/or early morning hours.
- Must be able to operate basic janitorial equipment (e.g. floor scrubber, floor machine, vacuum, basic hand tools).
Building ServicesJob Posted by ApplicantPro