Goodman Global, Inc.
Customer Service Representative / Inside Counter Sales 3
Houston-based Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P. is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. . Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. For more information, visit www.goodmanmfg.com.
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Customer Service Representative / Inside Counter Sales at our Orlando, FL branch. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at www.careersatgoodman.com.
- Answer parts line.
- Order processing.
- Executing all aspects of the sales function including order inputting.
- Existing account management.
- Relationship development.
- Serve as primary contact with accounts.
- Process purchase orders and requests for quotations.
- Provide customers with product and delivery information.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to meet customers’ requirements.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- Prior telemarketing sales experience preferred.
- General Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Customer service skills.
- Answering of phones and directing calls.
- Good verbal skills – must be able to explain fairly technical parts information clearly.
- Written skills – must be able to communicate via email effectively with customers.
- Organizational skills.
- Must be honest, hard working and intelligent.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle high call volume.
· Excellent and confident customer support skills and positive disposition.
- May provide direction.
- The inside sales / customer service representative will work cooperatively with sales and other members of the company to grow existing customers, create new customers, increase sales while increasing customer satisfaction.
- 6+ years experience
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
About Daikin North America
Daikin North America LLC (DNA) is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries, Ltd, the world's leading manufacturer of air conditioners and refrigerants. DNA provides the North American market with a full range of residential and commercial HVAC products leveraging its advanced core technologies for refrigerant control, inverters and heat pumps. The company has committed to further development of innovative, high-quality air-conditioning solutions, with the construction of a $417M state-of-the-art manufacturing and business campus in Houston, TX to be completed mid-2016. For additional information, visit www.daikinac.com and www.daikincomfort.com
About Daikin Industries, Ltd
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is the world's leading manufacturer of air conditioners and refrigerants. The company, leveraging its advanced core technologies for refrigerant control, inverters and heat pumps, develops innovative, high-quality air-conditioning solutions for homes, offices and industrial facilities. Founded in Osaka, Japan in 1924, Daikin and its affiliates now operate in more than 70 production bases worldwide and employ a global workforce of 59,000. Daikin products are available in more than 140 countries. For additional information, visit www.daikin.com