LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a Data Analyst to join our New York team. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of a strong analytical mindset and clear, concise communications of findings. You enjoy digging deep into business problems and leveraging SQL to answer both your questions as well as those from stakeholders. You are comfortable finding stories through data and can answer questions before they're asked. You will work across departments to find new uses for our data and drive a deeper understanding of business drivers internally and externally. The ideal candidate should be personable, efficient, rooted in an experimentative and fact-based mindset. Responsibilities
- Converting raw data into consumable, actionable insights applying appropriate business logic.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers and what potential downstream implications of movements may be.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis, ranging from the development of new metrics to identifying root causes for fluctuations in volume through the platform.
- Partner with stakeholders and team leads to push forward LeafLink's thought leadership in the Cannabis Data space.
- Perform deep dives to analyze problems, identify opportunities, and suggest solutions based on findings.
- Clearly communicate your findings to a range of stakeholders to inform and educate them.
- 1-2 years experience working with large data sets to extract and surface actionable findings.
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data.
- Degree in engineering, science, statistics, economics, finance, or related technical field.
- High level of proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets. Experience leveraging SQL a plus.
- Ability to write and present concise and structured stories through PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Experience building reporting products using BI tools like Periscope, Tableau, Looker, etc is a strong plus.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or R is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of modeling techniques such as time series forecasting and regression a strong plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth business with many collaborators.
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Exposure to dbt, Airflow, or other DAG-based workflow frameworks is a plus.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here .
About LeafLink LeafLink is the unified B2B cannabis platform, empowering thousands of licensed cannabis brands and retailers across North America with the tools and technology they need to streamline ordering, payments, and logistics.
This job was posted on Mon Feb 21 2022 and expired on Sun Mar 06 2022.