Firefly Aerospace Inc. (“Firefly”) is headquartered in Texas. Its mission is to provide convenient and affordable access to space by the manufacture, design, and operation of launch vehicles. It is offering career opportunities for the wire harness design engineer, project manager, mechanical design engineer, electrical engineer, systems engineer, production assembler, software engineer, electrical engineer, software simulation engineer, software test engineer, and many more positions.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles. If you are great at what you do and would like to work with people who really want to make a difference, then Firefly is the place for you.
As a Firefly Data and Controls Technician you will be working with the world-class team of engineers and technicians at Firefly’s test site to test and develop our industry-disruptive launch vehicles. We are looking for candidates with a mix of skills across instrumentation, electrical, and/or the concepts data systems. Candidates should be able to wire instrumentation and troubleshoot with minimal supervision.
- Make cable harness assemblies for test operations, as needed for various testing projects
- Perform instrumentation checkouts for test operations
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and/or control system problems
- Calibrate and troubleshoot valve feedback signals
- Terminate Military Specification connectors
- Build Junction Boxes that include instrumentation and control terminations
- Complete necessary instrumentation of test stands, wiring and data acquisition systems including but not limited to:
- Assemble and install prototype, developmental, prototype/experimental and production electrical and electronic assembly units, sub units, boards, wire harnesses and cables associated with propulsion products
- Install connectors, connector pins, terminals and lugs
- Perform continuity checks, locate and correct wiring errors using measuring instruments such as ohmmeters and sequential continuity checkers
- Connect, verify and specify the range of pressure transducers, thermocouples and other sensors
- Set up and specification of power supplies for sensor excitation voltages
- Read and interpret planning documents, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, drawings, manuals, blueprints and engineering sketches
- Perform lay out and wiring of instrumentation I/O breakout panels
- Perform work in support of fellow technicians and engineering employees using shop assembly equipment and hand tools
- Collaborate with test engineers to troubleshoot failures and issues derived from test data
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Commissioning of instrumentation and control systems
- Applicants should have demonstrated a strong propensity for hands-on work and attention to detail.
- Training and/or experience in basic operation of an oscilloscope & multimeter, soldering wires & connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, ohm’s law, continuity testing, pinning out a military type connector, routing & tie wrapping cables, drilling & tapping holes, and building junction boxes
- Software/Computer Skills including Windows Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook.)
- Expertise with any of the following instrumentation: Resistance Temperature Devices (RTDs), strain gages, load cells, displacement transducers, pressure transducers
- Background should include experience with several of the following devices:
- Experience using National Instruments DAQ systems
- Experience configuring CAN Bus Digital Sensors, valve controllers, and thermocouple scanners
- DC power supplies
- DC-DC convertors
- UPS installations
- Heat shrink tubing, cable harnessing, lacing, and proper strain relief concepts
- Knowledge in signal conditioning concepts for various types of sensors, to include the following:
- Thermocouple Types K, and E
- TC bonding concepts: resistance weld on and adhesive bond on types
- TC probes thru thermowell sheaths
- Cold Junction compensation concepts
- Knowledge in Data Acquisition concepts, hardware, and interfacing (PC and PXI based)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.