Milestone Technologies, Inc.
Dream IT. Innovate IT. Achieve IT.
Since 1997, Milestone has been helping clients create and operate their critical IT infrastructures so they can focus on their core business. A few things that make us special:
Passionate Culture: We take pride in our people. Collaborating in a fun environment allows us to keep ideas fresh. We value diversity and encourage people to share their unique perspectives and experiences.
Boundless Opportunities: We love it when people explore. Being exposed to Fortune 100 companies allows our people to learn, grow, and be comfortable in many diverse environments.
Flexible Environment: We understand that personal issues and increased workload happens. We’ve built an environment where employees can balance their work and personal life which increases productivity and creates a healthy lifestyle.
We’ve got 1400 employees in over a dozen countries and growing. If you are interested in becoming a Milestonian, we’d love to hear from you.
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
Milestone is looking for passionate and motivated professionals who go above and beyond to solve the world's biggest problems through innovation and technology. Our vision is to revolutionize the way technology is deployed and supported worldwide.
The Data Center Sites Technician- I installs, moves, and unrack hardware including cabinets, shelves, power strips, rails, fiber/copper/other cables and cable management, servers, storage, and other devices in the Data Center. The technician-I will confirm and label devices, rack and cables. The technician will work in a standard ticketing system, providing clear, timely, and appropriate communications.
The technician performs these activities under the direction of Site Services Senior Staff (Senior & Lead Technicians, Operations Supervisor and/or Operations Manager) and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Program Policies, Safety Policies, and Security Policies, while meeting requirements for quality and quantity of work.
The technician is responsible for maintaining data integrity of all assets in the Data Center. As directed, the technician will respond to requests for troubleshooting of Tier 3 devices. The Technician-I will demonstrate proficiency levels consistent with becoming QC-qualified within 6 months of hire or promotion.
* Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
* Able to safely lift and move a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
* High level of written and oral fluency in English
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Must provide own transportation to work locations
* Ability to update asset management data as required using scanners
* Effectively utilizes the ticket management system
* Able to Install/De-Install/Maintain Tier 3 devices (servers, switches, storage and other hardware)
* Able to cable systems (power/copper/fiber/other) correctly based on ticket requirements and SOP standards
* Communicates effectively in tickets and emails, to customers, management, and peers
* Must work effectively with other Milestone staff and customers
* Must be able to multi-task
* Must be able to adapt to changing priorities, conditions, and circumstances
* Must be punctual and reliable
* Must have good organization skills
* Must have good interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
* Must have good time management skills
* May be required to operate material handling equipment - server lifts, pallet jacks, and forklifts (if certified)
* Proficiency working with standard desktop PC tools and applications such as MS Office, MS Outlook, web browsers, etc.
* Other duties as assigned
* Server/Network Hardware Rack and Stack experience
* Experience working with ticketing systems. (ServiceNow preferred)
* Working knowledge of computer hardware
* Working knowledge of networking components and infrastructures
* Knowledgeable in Data Center best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
* Strong cable management skills and experience running fiber and copper in a data center
* Certifications in Data Center technologies are desired