By creating one system, one platform that manages all of the critical information for the entire investment community, we have created the operating system for our financial world. The Addepar platform is secure, scalable, and fast-freeing you up to spend more time on what matters most: investment analysis, building trusted relationships and growing your business.
Mountain View, CAR&D – EngineeringFull-timeAt Addepar, we believe better technology can transform global finance. Our mission is to empower investors to analyze portfolios, communicate, and act with unparalleled insights. To tackle this ambitious goal, we have built a team of technologists fundamentally rethinking how tools in finance should work. As an experienced Data Engineer at Addepar, you will own the design, development and maintenance of Addepar’s data warehouse that will enable us to make effective data-informed decisions across various business disciplines. You will lead initiatives to formalize data governance and management practices, rationalize our information lifecycle and key company metrics, mapping the metrics to Addepar’s data warehouse and the various data sources feeding into it. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with different functional areas within the business and influence decision-making in a fast-paced, high-growth FinTech company.Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building data solutions that assist product and business decisions. You will provide mentorship and hands-on technical support to build trusted and reliable domain-specific datasets and metrics. You love building elegant and efficient data solutions and want to make an immediate impact on a fast-growing company. You are a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, passionate about having a huge impact at Addepar. You have deep technical skills and are comfortable working with data of all shapes and sizes needed to build a strong data foundation for Addepar. You can take broad organizational goals and turn them into concise, effective deliverables. You will help set the vision for how we use data at Addepar and empower others in contributing toward that vision.
- Manage Addepar’s internal data warehouse that empowers our product and business leaders to make data-based business decisions
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different business functions across Addepar.
- Partner with business domain experts, product & business analysts, product managers and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service analytics
- Partner with BI Engineering to develop core data sets that empower operational and exploratory analysis as well as canned BI products
- Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver new data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Support existing processes running in production
- Own and document foundational company metrics with a clear definition and data lineage
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in Addepar’s business/internal data warehouse.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, or work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- A consistent track record of close collaboration with business partners and crafting data solutions to meet their needs
- Very strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages is a big plus (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Excellent understanding of trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Good to have: Product Analytics, Business & Operations Analytics and previous experience in investment management software
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.