Facebook, Inc. is a social media and technology company based in Menlo Park, CA. Founded by Mark Zuckerberg together with some of his fellow Harvard College students, today it is considered one of the Big Four technology companies along with Amazon, Apple, and Google. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies. Aside from its flagship social media service bearing its name, the company offers other products and services such as Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus, as well as independently developed Facebook Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Facebook Portal. Facebook as a workplace defines itself by its unique culture that rewards impact. Employees are encouraged to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The company offers plenty of opportunity areas, the ones with the most openings being AR/VR, Infrastructure, Sales Marketing, Software Engineering, Data & Analytics and Design & UX. As a Facebook employee you will enjoy a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community and time away.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is seeking individuals with experience in privacy and data protection to compose the office of the EU Data Protection Officer. These individuals should be able to advise the company on a range of privacy, data protection and security-related legal and compliance initiatives. This is a full-time position located in our corporate headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
The role is broad and, among other things, involves advising the business on various legal risks and obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation as well as other European privacy and data protection laws and regulators. It also involves representing the EU DPO Office to data subjects and data protection authorities, as well as reporting to the executive of Facebook family of companies.
This requires the ability to both work independently and assess the impact of project initiatives on data subject's privacy and data protection, as well as the impact of laws and regulations on Facebook products and services.
We are looking for someone with sharp analytical and communication skills, who is diligent, proactive, collaborative, organized and has demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support managing the EU DPO Office, including preparing executive reports, establishing monitoring and review check-points, ensuring that all DPO advice is appropriately documented, and monitoring the central DPO email inbox
- Undertake research focused on privacy and data protection and ensure that the EU DPO Office has access to all key databases and subscriptions in order to be on top of industry, customer, legislative and regulatory developments
- Evaluate the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry proposals related to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) across Facebook's services and companies, as well as the impact of Facebook services and products on data subjects' rights relating to privacy and data protection
- Support developing and providing advice concerning the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- Analyze, investigate and respond to DPO data subject requests. Monitor the performance and effectiveness of Data Protection Impact Assessments, and undertake other privacy and data protection-related investigations where necessary
- Support the drafting of guidance, training and awareness materials. Maintain a monitoring program and privacy and data protection controls framework
- Experience working in privacy and data protection with consultancy and/or internal audit
- Demonstrated analytical experience, including experience assessing risk from a privacy and data protection perspective
- Demonstrated experience drafting and analyzing executive reports and dashboards
- Experience managing projects, including prioritizing and working alongside cross-functional teams
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Multi-tasking, details, and organizational experience and drafting experience that can be used in a commercial setting with business stakeholders
- Experience with the General Data Protection Regulation, as well as other global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially including those relevant for social media and Internet companies
- Ability to independently, quickly and accurately assess legal, practical and business risks in a fast-paced environment and make sound judgments exceptional interpersonal skills and an absolute commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Certifications: CIPP/E, CIPP/M, CIPP/T