Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies.We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira is searching for a Data Scientist in Washington DC.Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall data science and data characterization technologies and will report to the on-site program manager.
Sr. Data Scientist Requirements:
- Knowledge of Defense intelligence all source analysis, Operations research / systems engineering and analysis Intelligence community databases and tools, non-Defense intelligence analysis, structured analytic techniques, and text exploitation and analytics with expertise in advanced tools such as:
- Mixed Mathematical Capabilities: R Software w/extensive variety of modules (plugins - statistics, modeling, visualization)
- Text Analytics - IN-SPIRE, Jigsaw.
- Text/Data - Net Owl, Gate
- Mathematics Modeling – Matlab
- A working knowledge with day to day data analysis tools are also necessary. Spreadsheet / Data - Excel s/Power plugins, Tableau. Document Development - Word, MS Publisher
- Experience with visual and geospatial analysis- OpenGeo, ArcGIS, GeoTime, Clavin.
- Visual Analytics - Vortek (Starlight).
- Visualization - Gephi, Word cloud tools.
- Graphics Production - PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, HTML5.
- Support the resolution of highly complex, technical problems and provide advice and recommendations.
- Enhance existing data projects in the application of remote sensing technology to solve intelligence issues.
- 10 years of experience or an advanced degree MS / Ph.D.
- Three years of experience in the intelligence community.
- Secret clearance
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.