Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- The candidate shall provide controlled technical data, review aperture cards, provide drawings and blueprints, update technical manuals and perform QTRLY audits IAW NA 01-25-100, FRCSW instructions and guide-lines.
- The candidate shall provide Technical Directive Support by receiving, releasing, reviewing and updating data bases associated with the TD program.
- Technical Data Library customer support service is also required.
- The candidate is responsible for local point of use technical libraries located throughout the FRCSW industrial facility as well as two (2) off-site locations (MCAS Camp Pendleton & Miramar).
- The work involves receiving technical publications, technical directives and associated updates, changes and revisions including formal changes, Rapid Action Changes (RACs) and Interim Rapid Action Changes (IRACs) and physically incorporating them into technical publications.
- The Candidate is responsible for managing the effectiveness of this work and completing a quarterly audit of publications IAW NA 00-25-100, in-house instructions and guidelines.
- These audits shall be conducted using a Government-provided database report, (ELMS, CMPRO).
- The candidate shall provide results of the audits to the Government Lead Librarian.
- The candidate is responsible for complying with all AS9100/AS9110 Standards and for correcting all discrepancies reported by the Lead Librarian.
- The candidate shall review message boards and NATEC notifications for updates to the technical data required for their libraries.
- The candidate is responsible for delivery of material to the dispersed libraries throughout the FRCSW.
- The candidate is responsible for monitoring all uncontrolled technical data that is located within their spaces.
- They are to report the finding of uncontrolled data to the Library Lead and the Work Center shop supervisor for correction.
- Minimal training on the use of technical data is provided by the contractors to their designated shop artisans.
- The candidate shall provide customer service, retrieving and delivering blueprints/drawings, and check aperture cards against various databases.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must already possess and be able to maintain, at minimum a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Education: Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Experience: Requires at least two (2) years of general experience collection, compilation, and organization of technical data related to DOD weapon systems/equipment.
- Providing repository related support functions and customer service functions using existing databases. This includes, but is not limited to, processing and scanning aperture cards, processing requests for engineering drawings and technical manuals, performing repository and technical library functions, using reproduction equipment, and performing data entry type functions.
- Providing support with one (1) or more commercially available software programs.
- Providing general administrative and office support functions.
Job Location San Diego, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular