As a Dental Assistant with an Aspen Dental-branded practice, you’ll have the support you need to reach your career goals. From best-in-class learning and development programs, a commitment to promoting from within, and a competitive salary and benefits package, you’ll have opportunities to not only expand your career, but your life. Commitment to continuous development and promoting from within means your career path is limitless. We're on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. Dental Assistants who join an Aspen practice work for a licensed dentist and live that mission every day by supporting the clinical needs of your practice's patients and doctors. Not only can you maximize your career potential, but you can make a real difference in the lives of patients.
About Aspen Dental-branded practices
Aspen Dental-branded practices are independently owned and operated by licensed dentists. The practices receive non-clinical business support services from Aspen Dental Management, Inc., a dental support organization.
Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment
Take dental radiographs (x-rays)
Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment
Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures
Educate patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health
Perform various office tasks as necessary
Dental Assistant Certificate where state regulations specify
High School Diploma or equivalent
Street: 1070 Lyannough Road, STE A20
Travel: Up to 25%
External Company URL: www.aspendent.com
This job was posted on Fri Jun 05 2020 and expired on Thu Jun 25 2020.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, such as retainers, wires, or bands.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Medicine and Dentistry - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Headquartered in East Syracuse, NY, Aspen Dental is a fast-growing network of independently owned dental practices throughout the country. Aspen Dental practices are supported by Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI), a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to licensed, independent dentists. ADMI provides a full range of practice support to handle the staffing, marketing, scheduling, billing and other business related tasks for dentists. This model allows dentists with Aspen Dental to have the freedom to focus on providing quality patient care while enjoying a secure income, a healthy work-life balance, and a clear path to practice ownership. Aspen Dental encourages every team member to think and act like an owner. The compensation philosophy is built around a profit sharing model based on growth and development of an entire office, completed with benefits and development programs.
Barnstable, MA, 02630and others
General Hospitals, Outpatient Care Centers
Total job postings in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded