Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, The Kemtah Group has prospered in a technology-rich environment that includes Sandia National Labs, the Department of Energy, etc. For these and other U.S. and global clients that include hardware manufacturing and pharmaceutical enterprises, Kemtah is helping to transform existing IT services into dynamic, efficient, responsive, optimized units that are managing IT services according to the Best Practices of TOGAF, ITIL, ISO, COBIT, and PMBOK. This means assuring your organization’s technology infrastructure—that orchestra of hardware, software, processes, and personnel—plays in tune to the ovation of your business.
A Deskside Support Intern job in Emeryville, CA is currently available through Belcan at one of our key pharmaceutical clients. To be considered for this role, you will be a recent grad with an Associates or Bachelor"s degree in an IT field of be currently enrolled in a degree program in your final year. In this role, you will provide support to the Deskside Technicians in their day to day activities, including responding to Level 1-3 technical support incidents and requests, as well as performing troubleshooting procedures and solving technical problems on Office 2010, Windows 7 and various commercial and client proprietary software. You will also utilize remote access to client PCs to resolve complex issues. Internship will be 20-30 hours per week for 3-6 months and we will need interns who are able to work for blocks of at least 4 hours at a time between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Deskside Support Intern Job Duties:
* Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on desktops, laptops and other various computing equipment and devices related to Windows 7/10 or Office 2010/2016 or related to software and hardware compatibility. Face to face and hands on troubleshooting are required.
* Diagnose hardware issues, order parts, and replace faulty components.
* Answering user questions directly related to Windows 7, Office 2010, and other supported applications and documenting all issues using Service Desk ticketing system.
* Use SCCM to push and install approved corporate applications and reimage laptops and desktops as needed following company policy.
* Translate User Needs into Design Input Requirements to comply with regulatory requirements and best-practice standards.
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
* Follow detailed technical instructions to ensure adherence to corporate quality standards.
* Recent graduate of an accredited Associates degree or higher program in IT or a current IT student in their final year of a degree program
* Ability to follow technical instructions and track completed tasks as related to assigned projects using time management skills
* Technical trouble-shooting skills with hardware and software, with prior experience on enterprise systems preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels and provide excellent customer service
If you are interested in this Deskside Support Internship job in Emeryville, CA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||4.2%||43%||23%|