Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It's why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It's how we've grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L'Oral, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we're passionate to develop the industry's most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we're also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.Job DescriptionMUST be fluent in Russian
The Desktop Support Technician I is responsible for providing hardware and software support to on-site and remote employees as a member of the IT and Helpdesk team. The IT team is the grease that keeps Veeam running. We are here to support our fellow employees so that they can continue to grow our company. The Desktop Support Technician roles are customer support roles. We take care of our customers so they can take care of theirs.
- Prepare, maintain, troubleshoot and repair desktop and notebook computers, mobile devices, printers, other computer peripherals and related software.
- Provide end user support and problem resolution for office phones and computers, Internet and LAN connectivity, email access and archiving.
- Resolves Level 1 work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Collaborate as a member of an international team.
- Asset management and tracking for computer hardware and software licenses.
- Document IT policies and procedures for end user and internal use.
- Carry out IT helpdesk duties for the Americas region.
- Be able to work occasional odd hours, such as nights and weekends; occasional travel required.
- Be able to install standard IT equipment in a datacenter rack, with assistance if needed.
- Be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds.
- Work with third-party suppliers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MUST be fluent in Russian
- Have one to three (1-3)years of experience in a desktop or technical support role.
- Have some experience with: PC Hardware such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices, local and network attached printers and other computer peripherals, PC Software such as Microsoft Windows, Office, Antivirus solutions, Adobe products and various 3rd party Client/Server applications.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills for manuals, configuration guides and other technical content.
- Have troubleshooting skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly with minimal instruction.
- Be able to learn a new product or technology via lab time, self-training and technical support resources.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly.
- Good work habits under pressure.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.