Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. Founded in 1922, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects and mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
Raytheon is seeking a talented and passionate Configuration Management Lead to join our DevOps Transformation Team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working. As the Configuration Lead, you will design, install, configure, set up, develop, and provide ongoing operational support for configuration management tools supporting DevOps and Agile development.
You will also lead and work closely with the DevOps personnel, program engineers and programs to determine their configuration needs and build customized programs that meet customer requirements.
* Guide and lead the Dojo team through the baseline configurations for applications, software, infrastructure, and hardware assets.
* Drive automation and configuration management tools to implement continuous integration and delivery models under DevOps and Agile IT operations constructs.
* Maintain software and associated documentation in configuration management systems.
* Produce and maintain data for configuration control of the customer baseline.
* Coach and mentor DevOps personnel and engineers in the best practices of configuration management.
* Design and develop auto-healing, auto-scaling Azure environments using Terraform and Chef
* Identify the configuration items across the entire lifecycle of the engineering, development, and maintenance process.
* Drive recommendations and execute initiatives to reduce infrastructure failures and improve overall performance
* Perform monitoring, auditing, and routine maintenance of overall environment
* Lead and coach DevOps personnel and program engineers through the process of validating the completeness and correctness of configuration items in candidate and ready-for-production releases
* Lead and facilitate configuration auditing and status accounting reporting. Provide detailed configuration analysis of customer baselines to ensure compliance with the approved customer configuration management plan. Conduct audits comparing the as-built work products to as-designed documentation.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
* 8+ years' experience in a Configuration Management or DevOps role using at least one of our primary technologies - Chef, Azure or Terraform
* Proven configuration management support and design experience in a production environment - using Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar tooling.
* Hands-on experience with various virtualization, container runtime, and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Singularity, etc.)
* Proven cloud infrastructure automation experience (Terraform or OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager)
* Datacenter-to-cloud migration experience, as that's a key responsibility of this role
* Hands-on experience in implementing CM discipline across entire lifecycles of systems from initial requirements and capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
* Proven experience of applying configuration management techniques to a wide range of configuration controlled items, including the use of version control tools and repositories to identify, control, and baseline software and infrastructure source code and COTS/FOSS products
* Strong experience with Test Automation, Unit, functional and Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and teaming skills
* Hands-on experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
* Hands-on experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
* 8+ Years of experience with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information systems, cybersecurity, or a related field. 132839
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.