Aetna is seeking a DevOps Engineer to provide complex technical support and assistance to our product’s stakeholders. You will work within a Big Data platform on a cutting-edge recommendation engine. You will provide stakeholders with preventive maintenance and configuration recommendations to improve product usability, performance, and customer satisfaction. You will work use deep knowledge of the product to execute (standardize) efficient and prompt resolution methods for all issues.
Fundamental Components/Job Description:
- Daily technical support for a production recommendation system on a Big Data Platform
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) ensuring implementation of corrective actions
- Identifies opportunities to improve day-to-day operations, processes and procedures and implements them
- Promote a high-quality customer centric focus when interacting with customers.
- Maintains Standard Operating Procedures and other production support material to be used by on-call staff. Grow and maintain system knowledge through documentation
- Work with management teams to ensure all support guidelines are met – to include business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Provide quality production support and ensure application service level commitments (SLA’s) are met or exceeded
- Continually improving the health and performance of applications by identifying problems
- Work with Engineering to implement automated recovery steps or preventative measures
- Possess experience in streamlining and improving existing support processes thereby improving incidents’ turnaround time
- Work with onshore/offshore engineers to analyze, develop and improve the Job Schedules.
- Create production system health alerting and reporting.
- Independently review technical design documents including data mappings to debug production issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of tier 2 IT production support experience
- 3+ years managing and troubleshooting production Hadoop jobs
- 2+ years working with production job scheduling technologies (TWS, Oozie, Airflow, etc.)
- 2+ years with Linux via CLI and Shell Scripting
- 2+ years writing SQL queries and understanding logic of existing queries
- Experience with advanced analytics (R, Python, H2O, etc.) enabled products is desired