The Digital Strategist works within a cross-functional team to build strategy around digital marketing and oversee its execution on behalf of clients. Responsibilities include providing leadership, guidance and support of digital strategy based on clients' brand objectives and consumer insight and data.
Digital Strategy and Execution Management:
- Ensures that the agency delivers solutions that are on-strategy and consistently produce measurable results that exceed the client's expectations.
- Collaborates with account, strategy and creative teams to ensure that digital strategies are properly integrated within larger marketing programs, including, but not limited to Search, Social, Display and Email.
- Leads Junior Digital Strategists in the development and execution of digital marketing initiatives.
Analytics and Optimization:
- Oversees the generation of periodic and ad hoc reports, analyzes data and makes meaningful observations and recommendations.
- Tracks performance of marketing initiatives for multiple accounts using Google Analytics, Google & Bing Paid Search platforms (PPC campaigns in general), Magento, Social Media platforms, Marketo and Email automation platforms and optimizes programs.
Industry and Client Leadership:
- Communicates effectively with all disciplines to ensure client alignment.Communicates with clients to provide status and performance updates.
- Assists in defining project specifications based on client needs and requirements.
- Conducts research into clients' industries as needed
- Identifies opportunities for the client to enhance the consumer experience online and drive conversion, launch new products and lead brand/product campaigns.
- Evaluates vendors within the digital space to ensure best-in-class partners.
- Keeps current in digital marketing and industry trends to champion best practices across all channels.
The position requires prolonged periods of sitting, working on a computer. Out of town and overnight travel may be required periodically. Non-traditional work hours may be required periodically.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising, communication, business or a related field is required.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in a related position.
- Experienced using digital marketing tools such as, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdWords, paid social platforms (Facebook Ads, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.), email marketing (Mailchimp, Dotmailer, etc.), and programmatic technology.
- Knowledge of Hubspot and other marketing automation platforms and CRMs a plus.
- Knowledge of digital and new media marketing best practices.
- Well-developed skills in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint; ability to manipulate data, produce pivot tables, filter data and execute simple functions.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in all position responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate comfort and skill in client communication.
- Ability to demonstrate collaboration skills and team mindset.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivation and resourcefulness.
- Ability to self-manage projects/tasks and complete assignments on or before due dates.
- Strong desire to learn all things digital and share acquired knowledge with your clients and colleagues.