Position Description:Advancing Healthcare?Together ??The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Our People.??
Our people truly are our greatest strength.? They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.? We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other. Our Purpose.?
We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone?s life and change the course of healthcare. Our Place.?
St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our? St. Francis
?hospital is seeking an experienced Director for the Cancer Center .
? We are looking for your experience and?knowledge?? where you will be responsible for:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who is well organized, self-directed and capable of a broad range of managerial tasks. Daily activities will include planning, organizing and implementing strategies, as well as effective delegation and mentoring in a participative environment. The incumbent must be approachable and give meaningful feedback to staff regarding job performance.??
Areas of responsibility include collaborating with physicians and leaders of all levels of the organization, building relationships, coordinating patient care and creating and sustaining a positive context for the Cancer Center. Responsible for interacting with other functional units such as, nursing, pharmacy, radiology, laboratory and other oncology-related departments and services. This position will require a ?high degree of judgment, tact, and the ability to lead by example, demonstrate support for our values through professional interactions, and model our Service Excellence Standards.??? Essential Job Functions:
- Advocates for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing and other professions and institutions and organizations, especially related to health and safety.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current practice.
- Oversees day-to-day management of all operational components of the cancer program and assures operational objectives are met in partnership with the oncology medical directors
- Collaborates with all levels of cancer program, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Communicates and interacts regularly with project team, stakeholders and leadership in various forums to facilitate solutions consistent with strategic direction, scope, budget, and timeline constraints.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of cancer services.
- Collaborate with inpatient oncology nursing directors and managers for seamless care delivery in the oncology program
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the Masonic Cancer Alliance and cancer research leadership to improve integration between the research and clinical services
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of oncology care.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice.
- Integrates research findings into practice.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- The director serves as the primary liaison for physicians within the cancer program and initiates actions to strengthen and maintain positive physician relationships.?
- Responsible for initiating actions to carry out the strategic agenda for the cancer program Including business development activities and financial and clinical performance improvement.
- Collaborates with the Marketing/PR/Communications on the market assessment,?? development,? implementation and monitoring of marketing and advertising plans
- Maintains positive donor and community relationships in support of the cancer program. Participates in fund development activities and presentations related to the cancer program.
- Works collaboratively with campus administrators, administrative service leaders and medical directors to develop new services
- Collaborates with hospital executives on the establishment of the annual operating and capital budget for the cancer program and maintains operations within budgeted guidelines.
- Develops, monitors, and manages a full range of financial, safety, service and quality indicators in Cancer program.?
- Responsible for coordination of accreditation and licensure activities and oversight of quality
- In?collaboration with the hospital executive team and medical directors. provides overall cancer center leadership to ensure safe, consistent and efficient clinical oncology services
- Achieve top decile NDNQI and patient engagement results across all sites of care
- Participate in cancer center strategic planning for disease sites or specific clinical locations as well as participate in continuous improvement certification trainings.?
- Serve as a coach and mentor for the cancer program managers and supervisors assurance/improvement.
- Maintains a system of management reporting that provides the system with timely and relevant information in all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for assuring appropriate management practices, maintenance of appropriate staffing levels, competency assessment, staff orientation, ongoing education and development in all areas of responsibility.
- Reviews complaints, concerns or questions relative to the service line.? Acts as a liaison to facilitate resolution of problems or concerns relative to service delivery.
- Leads/supports development of program process/redesign initiatives and other programs to continually improve cost effectiveness and quality of services and patient and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with Hospital and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Provides communication and engagement opportunities for physicians and advanced practice professionals to foster collaborative physician and Cancer Center leadership partnerships.
- Organizes, assembles and leads teams on specific business projects, and directs and coaches team members through task definition, issues, and completion.
- Proactively monitors patient and provider satisfaction, business project progress, and works collaboratively with team members, stakeholders, and UKHS oncology leadership to remove progress barriers.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Position Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Must hold minimum of Bachelors degree in a related field, MBA, MSN, MHA preferred.
- Experience:? Five to seven years of experience in a health care leadership role within a multidisciplinary center setting.?
- Proven success in assessing healthcare trends to advance clinical programs.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic medical records software
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Interpersonal verbal communication and advanced math skills
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Strong leadership skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.