Warner Media is an entertainment company with a strong portfolio of iconic characters. It's a hub of the best storytellers to drive meaningful culture and connection. It operates in 55 countries across six continents. The canvas offers to its partners brings freedom and more opportunities to develop and create exceptional. The company has a team of corporate and administration, finance and accounting, creative content and editorial, human resources, marketing, and communications, product management, legal and building affairs, production, and technology. These diverse departments, offer a huge employment opportunities. It promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion to shape the communities.
Posting Job Title
Director, Estimating - Animation WarnerMedia Business
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group Posting Job DescriptionWhat part will you play?
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a Director, Estimating for the WBA Estimating department.
? The Daily
- Creates pilot and series budgets for development projects. Forecasts and prepares budgets for future seasons of series currently in production. Prepares related ad hoc analysis as directed.
- Responsible for monthly cost reports including estimated final costs for Series and MFV. Analyze and explain budget and forecast variance.? Cashflow planning and analysis. Partner with Production and make recommendations as needed.
- Supervise Production Accountants on assigned series and MFV projects.
- Review and approved vendor contracts and payments. Approve journal entries and provide support for all potential audits.
- Works closely with Production Executives and other Management to manage all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Keeps abreast on emerging production accounting software and industry technologies and trends and formulates proposals to incorporate and improve workflow efficiencies.
- Monitor domestic and foreign tax credit reporting for tax shelter/labor credit
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years as an Accounting Manager preferably in Animation. Budgeting and cost reporting experience required. Working knowledge with production accounting/budgeting software.? Proficient in Excel required, SAP knowledge preferred.?? ?
- Must be familiar with all phases of production sufficient to estimate costs.
- Must have knowledge of entertainment guild rules and accounting principles and procedures sufficient to review and ensure the accurate distribution of production costs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with production executives, finance management and all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to prepare and present clear and accurate production budgets and production cost reports.
- Must be able to supervise professional and clerical subordinates locally, and on distant locations.
- Must be dependable, able to work flexible hours and travel to locations if necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. Requisition #
170612BR Area of Interest
Film Production and Distribution Location
United States - California - Burbank Position Type
Full Time Business Unit
WB Animation Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms ? including TV, digital and home entertainment ? both domestically and internationally. Company Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world?s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.