The Director serves as a key member of the Development and Construction team and is responsible for the development, design, architectural review, and estimating of capital construction projects throughout the company's Business Units focused in the United States. Provides leadership and oversight to ensure enterprise projects are being managed with the proper framework to achieve expected quality and return on investment.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
This is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. It is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
- Implements frameworks, standards and governance processes, while partnering with key stakeholders, to drive practical business solutions that drive the development, design and estimating agenda within all of the business units.
- Partners, implements and effectively educates and influences Business Units to drive the development and design agenda to establish the conditions for effective quality and maximizes financial investment
- Implements and monitors development, design and estimating principles effectively within the environment.
- Works effectively with executives, senior leaders, consultants, clients and other stakeholders to drive a quality concept / design experience for our guests and supports growth of the business.
- Implements processes to assess due diligence of possible development to ensure effective return on investment.
- Manages staff of estimators to ensure department standard operating procedures are executed.
- Manages relationships / contacts for architects and engineers to ensure risk and liabilities are minimized.
- Develops talent of direct reports and influences within the organization to ensure quality and continuity of services.
- Contributes to the leadership of the Development and Construction leadership team and influences senior leadership to make effective investment decisions and strategic design of projects.
- Contributes to the planning and budget process to ensure alignment with corporate strategy, business goals in recommending construction projects.
- Ensures Development and Design, on an enterprise basis, captures the value of corporate procurement and supply management initiatives in conceptual plans.
- Provides corporate and subsidiary management preparation and presentation of proposed projects (bids) to clients.
- Implements departmental standards for design, estimating, reporting and various other deliverables.
- Contributes to the business development efforts; assists in pitches and takes a Development and Construction leadership role in formulating the response to information requests for internal stakeholders
- Influences key stakeholders and operational owners through well-articulated architectural and design standards.
- BA/BS degree required;
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience, including strategic support of senior executives aligning development and construction, architectural services, program management and financial estimating strategies with business priorities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience in successfully leading capital construction design and build function and managing in an environment undergoing change and transformation.
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across functions.
Relocation: Position is based in Buffalo, NY and company provides full relocation assistance to the Buffalo area.